not zero results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not zero results

Just adding that my Y-DNA yielded 7 results, all with the same surname, but not mine. The matches are in perfect GD order starting from 0 and going back to 6 at 67 markers. The 0 GD matched died in 2010.

I expect my GG Grandfather born in 1816 was not the grandson of his grandfather; his father is unknown. A family with the matching surname does live in the same county, and they all descend from one man who moved there from another county in the 1780s. That is the county in which my 0 GD lived until he died.

I have some expectation of sorting this out one day.

David

Originally posted by gilbertdh View Post
    Just adding that my Y-DNA yielded 7 results, all with the same surname, but not mine. The matches are in perfect GD order starting from 0 and going back to 6 at 67 markers. The 0 GD matched died in 2010.

I expect my GG Grandfather born in 1816 was not the grandson of his grandfather; his father is unknown. A family with the matching surname does live in the same county, and they all descend from one man who moved there from another county in the 1780s. That is the county in which my 0 GD lived until he died.

I have some expectation of sorting this out one day.

David
    Keep in mind that a non-parental event (NPE) could be an adoption as well. Also, the NPE could go way back in an unbroken line hundreds of years previously, especially if they lived in the same country. Good luck, though....

Comment

I'm hopeful it's around 1800 for the following reasons. Two people descended from this grandfather of my NPE GG grandfather have tested, and I don't match them. A GD of 0 at 67 markers is a pretty good match, FT DNA says "50% of the time, in three generations or less and with a 90% probability within five generations." I'm 5 generations from this suspected NPE. He had a brother, my NPE GG Grandfather, and there is a Sorensen test from a descendant of this brother. I match them also. This test proved what people had suspected, that they were indeed brothers.

David

Comment

Working...
      X