Icelandic grandfather not showing up on 37 Ydna test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Icelandic grandfather not showing up on 37 Ydna test

I just received the results from the test and although my grandpa is pure Icelandic, there is no mention of it in the dna. It's just the usual swamp of England, Ireland, Germany, etc but no Iceland. It's strange because I tested as 37% Scandanavian when I brought my results over from NatGeo. Can anyone shed some light on the missing Vikings?

Thanks.

This probably just reflects that there are very few Icelandic men in FTDNA's database.

What is your haplogroup? I recommend that you join the appropriate project(s) for your haplogroup and/or surname. The project admins may have more information for you.

Comment

Icelandic Web site

Originally posted by Bangkhae View Post
      I just received the results from the test and although my grandpa is pure Icelandic, there is no mention of it in the dna. It's just the usual swamp of England, Ireland, Germany, etc but no Iceland. It's strange because I tested as 37% Scandanavian when I brought my results over from NatGeo. Can anyone shed some light on the missing Vikings?

Thanks.
      If you have an Icelandic grandfather,you might want to look on Islendingabok.is which give up Ancestors for most Icelandic people back as far from the 1600 hrd.You would have to register with a user name and password.I don't know if it makes any difference where you live are not about registering there.I am a register user there as my 4 boys are half Icelandic and half American.

Comment

Working...
      X