DYS 447

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DYS 447

I took the Y-67 test but only have matches at the 12 marker level. I understand how that can be. My real question is at the DYS 447 marker. My 447 marker number is 16. This is way out of line with what I have seen to be the norm. When I compare myself to all of the others listed in the Johnson surname project there is no one else who has a number at DYS 447 outside of the mid-twenties. Was there a typo made or did that marker mutate that much? That is what I do not understand. It just seems like a huge difference. Can anyone explain it to me?

Found the answer.

There was a mistake made in counting the repeats at that one particular marker. The correct number is 26.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch View Post
      I took the Y-67 test but only have matches at the 12 marker level. I understand how that can be. My real question is at the DYS 447 marker. My 447 marker number is 16. This is way out of line with what I have seen to be the norm. When I compare myself to all of the others listed in the Johnson surname project there is no one else who has a number at DYS 447 outside of the mid-twenties. Was there a typo made or did that marker mutate that much? That is what I do not understand. It just seems like a huge difference. Can anyone explain it to me?
      My DYS 447 marker is 17, neither have I seen anyone as far mutated as mine in the J2 project.

Comment

Working...
      X