Need help! 37 marker w/ a GD of 1, surnames do not match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help! 37 marker w/ a GD of 1, surnames do not match

What does this mean, if anything, to have a 37 marker with a GD of 1 and the surname doesn't match. I searched the web but couldn't find an answer only if the surnames match. Thank you so much.. Carla Harris
    Forgot to mention that this is my brother's yDNA and I found out we are half-siblings... we have different Fathers. I found out the man I called my Father growing up is actually my Father who is the Harris. We don't know who my brother's Father is.
    Last edited by Carla; 13 April 2015, 01:25 PM.

Usually 1 distance at 37 markers is a good match. It likely means that either your brother or the match has unknown paternity. You said that you don't know who your brother's father is, so I'm not sure how you can say that the surname match is incorrect.

Comment

Originally posted by Serket View Post
      Usually 1 distance at 37 markers is a good match. It likely means that either your brother or the match has unknown paternity. You said that you don't know who your brother's father is, so I'm not sure how you can say that the surname match is incorrect.
      Thanks for responding. Yes, you're right, they could have the same surname since we don't know who my brother's biological Father is. The mismatch is at DYS456 marker my brother is 15 and his match is 16. I don't know if there is any significance to this or not. Could his match be an Uncle? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Serket View Post
        Usually 1 distance at 37 markers is a good match. It likely means that either your brother or the match has unknown paternity.
        I'd say my brother has unknown paternity. They are both in the same Haplogroup R-M269, if this has any significance.

Comment

Working...
        X