Ydna no matches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ydna no matches

I had my husband do the 37 marker Ydna test to prove or disprove whether my husband's gr gr grandfather was really a Kirkman or a Haslam as he went by both names. He was a genetic distance of 8 from any of the main Kirkman lines one of which is in Bolton where his relative lived. My husband has NO matches at all. None. What are the chances he will ever get a Paternal line Match at this rate?
    Debbie

Originally posted by Hpykirk View Post
    I had my husband do the 37 marker Ydna test to prove or disprove whether my husband's gr gr grandfather was really a Kirkman or a Haslam as he went by both names. He was a genetic distance of 8 from any of the main Kirkman lines one of which is in Bolton where his relative lived. My husband has NO matches at all. None. What are the chances he will ever get a Paternal line Match at this rate?
    Debbie
    Do you mean that he has no exact matches. That would not be unusual for 37 markers. If that is the case, it might imply that he is on a branch that resulted from a recent Y mutation. Does he have any matches at a genetic distance of 2 to 4.

Comment

No Ydna matches

My husband has zero matches of any kind at 37 markers. He has one match genetic distance of 2 at 25 markers a lady or at least there is a lady's name at the match.
      Debbie

Comment

Same here. I have no matches at any level above 37 markers, and only two with gd of 2 at 25 markers.

I'm a rare breed.

Comment

I don't even get matches at 12 markers. Except one GD 1 who within the project.

Comment

My dad has no matches at 25 markers, and he is labelled Niall.

Comment

Debbie
              My husband has zero matches of any kind at 37 markers. He has one match genetic distance of 2 at 25 markers a lady or at least there is a lady's name at the match.
              Debbie
              I have never seen anyone state what percentage of people don't ever get a match at 37 markers. It could be that the people that descend from your husband's ancestor from 500 years ago or less have never tested and it is possible that none of them ever will.

Where is Bolton located?

Comment

Until two months ago one of my family branches had no matches at 37 marker level (100+ at 12 markers). So now there is one at GD=2, but he did not test beyond 37 markers yet.

Another branch still does not have anybody at 37 marker level (1000+ at 12 markers).

W.

Comment

I had my brother test at the 37 level. For 2 years there were only 1 match at 4 then he got another match at level 4 this is after over 3 years.
                  This side came to US from Germany in 1855 so I am assuming that no one has tested.

Comment

Y Search?

I am hesitant to mention this option---I am not sure if it is current. If you upload to Y Search, it allows for somewhat greater genetic distances than Ftdna's Y Results page. You can set your own genetic distance for matches, up to a point

Comment

Originally posted by josh w. View Post
                      I am hesitant to mention this option---I am not sure if it is current. If you upload to Y Search, it allows for somewhat greater genetic distances than Ftdna's Y Results page. You can set your own genetic distance for matches, up to a point
                      I do not use Ysearch, so I am not sure whether it is working (if it does, try it), however two comments
                      • You can check the list of names http://www.ysearch.org/alphalist_start.asp
                      • Once you increase the genetic distance, you might step out of genetic genealogy into population genetics, since the Most Recent Common Ancestor of you and your match could be more than 1000 years in the past.
                      W.

Comment

Working...
                      X