Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I ordered the yDNA 67 Marker test and have a couple of questions!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by 1798 View Post
    You don't even understand what I am writing. Go back to sleep.
    I do understand one thing you must keep in mind when you post here trying to help a newbie. You should be very certain that your advice is actually helpful and accurate.

    A newbie has no context to critically evaluate what's helpful advice and what's just someone giving their favorite little tricks which are more misleading than helpful. Instead of lashing out at me, why don't you consider what you write more carefully when you're trying to "help" a newbie?

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by MMaddi View Post
      I do understand one thing you must keep in mind when you post here trying to help a newbie. You should be very certain that your advice is actually helpful and accurate.

      A newbie has no context to critically evaluate what's helpful advice and what's just someone giving their favorite little tricks which are more misleading than helpful. Instead of lashing out at me, why don't you consider what you write more carefully when you're trying to "help" a newbie?
      If the woman wants help with her brother's 67 marker test results I am available.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by MMaddi View Post
        And how many of your exact 12 marker matches aren't even U106+?

        It doesn't matter how many of your 12 marker matches are in your subclade. If a significant number aren't, then it's really almost useless to consider anything based on 12 marker matches.

        You're not helping a newbie when you tell her that she should look at 12 marker matches and make decisions or predictions based on that. As I pointed out, she has already ordered 67 markers and is waiting for the remaining 55 marker results. The best advice is to wait for the remaining markers and see what they may indicate.
        that's actually very true, even at 25 markers I have a L21 person showing up and I'm DF27>L617.
        EastAnglian
        MtDNA: U3a | Big Y Pending
        Last edited by EastAnglian; 24 September 2014, 08:26 AM.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by EastAnglian View Post
          that's actually very true, even at 25 markers I have a L21 person showing up and I'm DF27>L617.
          I have stated many times that if someone is a close match at 57/67 markers then they are probably in the same subclade.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by 1798 View Post
            I have stated many times that if someone is a close match at 57/67 markers then they are probably in the same subclade.
            Yet you're telling a newbie to look at her relative's first 12 markers and use that as a guide to what the results mean as far as matches or subclades.

            Just do the math - 12 markers versus 57/67 - and tell us which you believe is the better advice. Was that your evil twin who recommended looking at tthe matches at 12 markers?

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by 1798 View Post
              I have stated many times that if someone is a close match at 57/67 markers then they are probably in the same subclade.
              There is a possibility they are not and there is also a possibility that there is a closer match that hasn't shown up in Ysearch.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by MMaddi View Post
                Yet you're telling a newbie to look at her relative's first 12 markers and use that as a guide to what the results mean as far as matches or subclades.

                Just do the math - 12 markers versus 57/67 - and tell us which you believe is the better advice. Was that your evil twin who recommended looking at tthe matches at 12 markers?

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by MMaddi View Post
                  Yet you're telling a newbie to look at her relative's first 12 markers and use that as a guide to what the results mean as far as matches or subclades.

                  Just do the math - 12 markers versus 57/67 - and tell us which you believe is the better advice. Was that your evil twin who recommended looking at tthe matches at 12 markers?
                  I can find people and branches with 12 markers but you aren't at the same level that I am. That doesn't give you the right to call me names but remember what you give out you will get it all back threefold.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by 1798 View Post
                    I can find people and branches with 12 markers but you aren't at the same level that I am. That doesn't give you the right to call me names but remember what you give out you will get it all back threefold.
                    I'm just trying to shield newbies from your mercurial advice. They can read different posts by you and, if they take you seriously, they won't know what to believe. Or worse, they'll actually believe some of the things that you're constantly posting.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      I ordered a Y-DNA67 test for a relative. When I logged in a couple of days ago, I saw Y-DNA section with lots of boxes/categories and at top the comment " Results Completed: 9/25/2014" So very excited -- HOWEVER --

                      If I click on Matches (for YDNA) I get "This test is currently on order and matching will be possible when results come back."

                      If I click on Order History -- it shows Completed 9/25/2014 BUT at top says "You have an open order. The Awaiting Lab Results page allows you to follow the progress of your order. Check the status of pending tests." - and when I click on "Check the status ..." - a day or two ago, they ALL said "3-5 weeks", now they all say "2-4 weeks" -- SO - WHY IS IT SAYING COMPLETED??

                      Finally clicked all the boxes - under Y-STR results - shows info under panel 4. Is this why it says results "Completed"??

                      Is this normal?

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by loobster View Post
                        I ordered a Y-DNA67 test for a relative. When I logged in a couple of days ago, I saw Y-DNA section with lots of boxes/categories and at top the comment " Results Completed: 9/25/2014" So very excited -- HOWEVER --

                        If I click on Matches (for YDNA) I get "This test is currently on order and matching will be possible when results come back."

                        If I click on Order History -- it shows Completed 9/25/2014 BUT at top says "You have an open order. The Awaiting Lab Results page allows you to follow the progress of your order. Check the status of pending tests." - and when I click on "Check the status ..." - a day or two ago, they ALL said "3-5 weeks", now they all say "2-4 weeks" -- SO - WHY IS IT SAYING COMPLETED??

                        Finally clicked all the boxes - under Y-STR results - shows info under panel 4. Is this why it says results "Completed"??

                        Is this normal?
                        It says the same on my home page that the results are completed but they aren't.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by loobster View Post
                          If I click on Order History -- it shows Completed 9/25/2014 BUT at top says "You have an open order. The Awaiting Lab Results page allows you to follow the progress of your order. Check the status of pending tests." - and when I click on "Check the status ..." - a day or two ago, they ALL said "3-5 weeks", now they all say "2-4 weeks" -- SO - WHY IS IT SAYING COMPLETED??
                          It's a bug... reported to IT late last week.

                          Elise

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X