No announcement yet.

12 markers taking longer than 25 & 37?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 markers taking longer than 25 & 37?

Is it normal for the 12 marker to be taking longer than the 25 & 37? I have no matches on 35 & 37 ad the 12 marker is still being processed. Also the Y-DNA Haplogroup is still pending.

Thanks

Usually 1-12 completes first, but sometimes they complete out of order. You'll get matches for 25 and 37 after the first 12 markers are complete. Haplogroup prediction also depends on the first 12 markers being complete.

Elise

Comment

Thank You - it's so close it's driving me crazy now. It said the results were done 6/9 (2 days ago). I hope it doesnt mean something is wrong. I have no Family Finder (or ancestryDNA or 23 and me) matches with my last name and there is no surname project. I am really counting on this test to help.

Comment

Originally posted by JMSaxby View Post
        Is it normal for the 12 marker to be taking longer than the 25 & 37? I have no matches on 35 & 37 ad the 12 marker is still being processed. Also the Y-DNA Haplogroup is still pending.

Thanks
        It's been a week now since the 25 & 37 came back. Still no 12

Comment

Please send me your kit number by private message, and I'll check into whether it's still processing or whether there's some other problem.

If the 1-12 panel failed or had unclear results for some reason and needed to be re-run, then the re-run could take a few weeks.

Elise

Comment

I'm not sure if you did something but I am starting to see matches. Right now only 10 matches in the 37 marker. The last name is not what I was expecting but I was already suspecting it would not be Saxby based on my family finder results.

Now to figure all this out.

Comment

Working...
            X