Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Predicted Haplogroup K-M9" after backbone testing

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    As of this afternoon, my uncle's haplogroup is still listed as "predicted," but has changed from K-M9 to a more specific O-L127.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by efgen View Post
      Reported, thanks!

      Elise
      I also have a predicted haplogroup as described by the others, (K-M9). My kit number is 241731. Could you look at this as well?? also I don't have any matches at all!

      Thanks!

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by efgen View Post
        Reported, thanks!

        Elise
        I also have a predicted haplogroup as described by the others, (K-M9). My kit number is 241731. Could you look at this as well??



        also I don't have any matches at all!













        And under the haplotree & SNPs, I've found only one SNP available for test,, but it is under the haplogroup I not K !!






        Thanks!

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by SeanK View Post
          I also have a predicted haplogroup as described by the others, (K-M9). My kit number is 241731. Could you look at this as well??
          Your haplogroup was actually confirmed by a backbone test that was done shortly after your original results came in. See your Order History, and also the Tests Taken section at the bottom of your Haplotree page. You tested positive for M9.

          Originally posted by SeanK View Post
          And under the haplotree & SNPs, I've found only one SNP available for test,, but it is under the haplogroup I not K !!
          This is strange, however, so I'll ask engineering to check it out.

          Thanks,
          Elise

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by efgen View Post
            Your haplogroup was actually confirmed by a backbone test that was done shortly after your original results came in. See your Order History, and also the Tests Taken section at the bottom of your Haplotree page. You tested positive for M9.



            This is strange, however, so I'll ask engineering to check it out.

            Thanks,
            Elise
            M9+, M175-, M186-, M231-, M45-, M61- .. I'll send you my password if you wanna take a look,, I won't mind..


            I feel like a Dinosaur! no matches anywhere on the face of earth ..


            thank you Elise, I really appreciate your help...
            Last edited by SeanK; 30 April 2014, 01:02 PM.

            Comment


            • #21
              LOL I am now back to predicted K-M9. I'm beginning to think I'm getting real-time updates on my backbone testing. If O-L27 disappeared...does that mean it tested negative? I must learn to be patient

              Comment


              • #22
                You might as well forget the whole thing until they get the bugs out of the new Haplotree system.

                Comment


                • #23
                  I have also received my Y-111 results, R-P312, but the tree is still "Presumed Positive". Do I need to wait a few days or query customer service? My kit is B9693.

                  Thank you.
                  mtDNA: T2c1d1
                  Y-DNA: R-P312?

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by mattm View Post
                    I have also received my Y-111 results, R-P312, but the tree is still "Presumed Positive".
                    The Y-DNA111 test, by itself, only tests STRs (markers), not SNPs. Thus, it can only give you a predicted haplogroup. If you do not have any SNP results, I suggest you consult your haplogroup project administrator on an appropriate SNP to test.

                    Or take advantage of the current discount sale, and order the Big Y.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      I am surprised FTDNA doesn't automatically point out the SNP's that are needed to determine the correct haplogroup.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by mattm View Post
                        I am surprised FTDNA doesn't automatically point out the SNP's that are needed to determine the correct haplogroup.
                        FTDNA actually tried that for a couple of days. But their automatic algorithm is nowhere near as accurate as human evaluation--project members were ordering totally unnecessary SNPs. So FTDNA turned off their suggestion algorithm for the time being.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Strange that they do not offer and SNP test for DF27 which is good chance I will need. I will hold my money until they get their Y straightened out.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Hi everyone,

                            A very similar problem from me too:
                            I've ordered the Y-DNA 67 and since the first markers came out I had E-L117 haplogroup as "predicted". All my markers were completed some time ago and I only have one match going up to 37 markers, while my haplogroup is still "presumed positive".
                            So, since everyone here has a similar (but not exactly identical) problem, I would like to ask:

                            a) am I going to have at some point the free backbone testing until my haplogroup is confirmed? No SNPs added for the time being.

                            b) why do I have just one match? In the ftdna projects I' ve joined I have a huge number of them which do not show up in the control panel matches section.

                            Thank you!

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by dim View Post
                              Hi everyone,

                              A very similar problem from me too:
                              I've ordered the Y-DNA 67 and since the first markers came out I had E-L117 haplogroup as "predicted". All my markers were completed some time ago and I only have one match going up to 37 markers, while my haplogroup is still "presumed positive".
                              So, since everyone here has a similar (but not exactly identical) problem, I would like to ask:

                              a) am I going to have at some point the free backbone testing until my haplogroup is confirmed? No SNPs added for the time being.
                              FTDNA only predicts basic haplogroup assignment, if they can not confidently predict they then run a free backbone test and you receive a confirmed. But they look to be confident in predicting yours so no backbone test will be done.
                              https://www.familytreedna.com/learn/...snp-assurance/

                              Originally posted by dim View Post
                              b) why do I have just one match? In the ftdna projects I' ve joined I have a huge number of them which do not show up in the control panel matches section.

                              Thank you!
                              See following link on which matches appear on your match page based on the number of differences (Genetic Distance)for each level.

                              https://www.familytreedna.com/learn/...-matches-page/

                              and Genetic Distance reference charts in regards to relationship predictions

                              12 marker

                              37 marker

                              67 marker

                              111 marker

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Thanks prairielad.

                                I thought that if they were confident about a prediction they should have changed the notification to "confirmed haplogroup". I don't know under which circumstances they would run a backbone test.

                                Concerning my matches there is only one which has a genetic distance of 1. This match is from Ireland while I am from Greece, so knowing my ancestry, this is more likely a very very distant relation. At the same time, as I said, in the projects I've joined there are dozens of potential matches from my country with the same haplogroup confirmed or predicted.
                                My "Y-dna Ancestral Origins" show two more matches that do not appear anywhere else, while "Matches Maps" and "SNP Maps" show absolutely nothing.
                                So I am troubled if there is a bug or something, or if these are indeed my results, or if I'll have to wait to see any updates (going from 37 to 67 marker took two weeks more than expected).

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X