Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No matches or Haplogroup for Y-12 Test...Am I that RARE???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@jcsaxx

Just want to share some info in case you were still waiting for results! I am in the same situation where FtDNA is unable to predict my uncle's Y haplogroup with 12 markers. I contacted them the day I received the "No Prediction" message via their customer service form and did not receive a response (this was on 3/19, batch 559). A week later, I decided to call them instead and the employee sent a request in for me to have a backbone SNP test ordered, so I'm assuming it hadn't been ordered until then. Today, my order history showed the order:

Y-HAP-Backbone
    4/7/2014 Ordered (Batch) 0

I was told on the phone that it may take 4-6 weeks to get results, but 2 weeks is the soonest he has seen. Overall, I wish they automatically ordered backbone SNP testing for people like us, but I'm pretty satisfied with how customer service handled it.

Comment

Originally posted by twiglette View Post
      @jcsaxx

Just want to share some info in case you were still waiting for results! I am in the same situation where FtDNA is unable to predict my uncle's Y haplogroup with 12 markers. I contacted them the day I received the "No Prediction" message via their customer service form and did not receive a response (this was on 3/19, batch 559). A week later, I decided to call them instead and the employee sent a request in for me to have a backbone SNP test ordered, so I'm assuming it hadn't been ordered until then. Today, my order history showed the order:

Y-HAP-Backbone
      4/7/2014 Ordered (Batch) 0

I was told on the phone that it may take 4-6 weeks to get results, but 2 weeks is the soonest he has seen. Overall, I wish they automatically ordered backbone SNP testing for people like us, but I'm pretty satisfied with how customer service handled it.

Thank you for mentioning this. I just went to look and sure enough it shows that I'm waiting on the Backbone test, whereas it did not before. I was thinking that it should show something, so I was nervous about it. I also think that if they can not predict the Haplogroup, then they should automatically order the Backbone test. Below is what shows on my account now under "Awaiting Lab Results".

Y-HAP-Backbone Backbone 565 5/27/2014

Comment

Originally posted by jcsaxx View Post
        Thank you for mentioning this. I just went to look and sure enough it shows that I'm waiting on the Backbone test, whereas it did not before. I was thinking that it should show something, so I was nervous about it. I also think that if they can not predict the Haplogroup, then they should automatically order the Backbone test. Below is what shows on my account now under "Awaiting Lab Results".

Y-HAP-Backbone Backbone 565 5/27/2014
        I'm in the same batch - I'll update here when I get results. Fingers crossed that it doesn't take the whole 6 weeks!

Comment

Originally posted by twiglette View Post
          I'm in the same batch - I'll update here when I get results. Fingers crossed that it doesn't take the whole 6 weeks!

Still have a month to go, if it takes the full amount of time needed. Seems like time is standing still.

Comment

Still have a month to go, if it takes the full amount of time needed. Seems like time is standing still.
            As the old saying goes: a watched pot never boils.

Comment

I just saw where someone else who was in the same batch got back results of their backbone test. So I looked at mine and they are there.

Your Predicted Haplogroup is I-M223

Now I need to figure out how to read all the information.

Comment

Jcsaxx, I just posted in another thread that my page now says that uncle's predicted haplogroup K-M9. He is still "waiting for results" apparently though, as there's no completion date and I didn't get a completion email.

I'm taking the K-M9 result with a grain of salt right now because a lot of customers' previously tested haplogroups have radically changed due to the tree update.

Also, under the Haplotree and SNPs section, K-M9 is colored brown, for "presumed positive." A backbone tested haplogroup should be solidly confirmed, I thought. *Sigh*

Comment

Wanted to post a bit of an update. Before Christmas I was notified by a group administrator that he paid for an upgrade for me to 37 markers. My predicted results date is now until 2/5/15 (Batch 600).

My question is this: if I only have 1 match at 12, what are the odds that I'll have more matches at 25 or 37 markers? Seems very unlikely to me, but I have certainly been wrong before.

Comment

My question is this: if I only have 1 match at 12, what are the odds that I'll have more matches at 25 or 37 markers? Seems very unlikely to me, but I have certainly been wrong before.
                    It's certainly possible--e.g., if you have an unusual 2-step mutation in the first 12 markers.

On the other hand, the administrator may want to see just how far you diverge from everyone else at 37 markers.

Comment

My Father and uncle have no exact 12 marker matches due to a recent mutation at DYS389ii, their paternal 1st cousin on the other hand, who does not carry this mutation, has 19
                      They are haplogroup R-M269

My Father has 11 matches a 1 GD at 25, 3 @ 2 GD
                      3 matches at 3GD and 6 at 4GD on 37 markers
                      On the 67 marker level matches are all between 4GD and 7GD
                      on the 111 marker level matches are 6, 9 and 10 (3 matches)

My Father and his first cousin are also 4GD from each other at 67 markers. My line had another 2 step mutation at DYS576 and also differ on CDY by 1
                      Last edited by prairielad; 30 January 2015, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Thanks Prairielad for the info. I guess that FTDNA is going to make me wait until the last minute for results, as the predicted dates of completion is 01/22/2015 - 02/05/2015.

I just sent in my 23andme kit yesterday, so more waiting. Now I've taken all 3 major tests, Ancestry, FTDNA, and 23andme. And I'm on Gedmatch as A241433 and my brother is A308996, in case anyone wants to see if we might be related.

Comment

DELAYED by up to over a month. Logged in and it says this:

Results for your Y-DNA testing have been delayed. We have updated your predicted completion date, and action by you is not usually required. Note that predicted dates are an estimate and subject to lab volume and quality control.

Now the predicted results dates are 2/25/15-3/11-15. To say I'm upset is an understatement. They wait until the eve of the last day of the predicted results to post anything about a delay. Upgrade was ordered on 12/7/14. No email notification so far. I have been checking this daily multiple times waiting for some answers. Not happy FTDNA.
                          Last edited by jcsaxx; 4 February 2015, 09:18 PM.

Comment

My 13-37 markers posted today, but no matches. Hopefully it will just take a day or two to fully finish. If this is all I got, then I'm wasting my time doing the Y-DNA part. I tried uploading the numbers to YSEARCH.ORG, but couldn't input all the numbers on DYS464 (I only show 6 numbers, but there are 7 spots on ysearch). Here are my numbers in case someone can help me.

PANEL 1 (1-12)
                            Marker DYS393 DYS390 DYS19** DYS391 DYS385 DYS426 DYS388 DYS439 DYS389I DYS392 DYS389II***
                            Value 14 23 15 10 15-15 11 13 10 13 13 30
                            PANEL 2 (13-25)
                            Marker DYS458 DYS459 DYS455 DYS454 DYS447 DYS437 DYS448 DYS449 DYS464
                            Value 16 8-8 11 11 25 14 20 27 11-11-13-14-15-15
                            PANEL 3 (26-37)
                            Marker DYS460 Y-GATA-H4 YCAII DYS456 DYS607 DYS576 DYS570 CDY DYS442 DYS438
                            Value 11 10 19-21 15 14 19 20 35-37 12 10
                            Last edited by jcsaxx; 13 February 2015, 04:42 PM.

Comment

I can sympathise with you jcsaxx.
                              Had my brother tested back in 2006 and he is I1 Haplogroup.
                              He has been tested to 111 markers and has no close matches.
                              He has no exact matches at 12 markers or any matches at 25, 37, 67 or 111.

All this tells me that none of our yDNA family line have tested yet.
                              Its been a long wait.

Comment

My 13-37 markers posted today, but no matches. Hopefully it will just take a day or two to fully finish. If this is all I got, then I'm wasting my time doing the Y-DNA part. I tried uploading the numbers to YSEARCH.ORG, but couldn't input all the numbers on DYS464 (I only show 6 numbers, but there are 7 spots on ysearch).
                                DYS464 typically has only 4 numbers, but can have more. Leave the extras blank.

On Ysearch, your numerically nearest neighbor at 37 markers is GYTCV, at a distance of 11. In the Polish Project, your numerically nearest neighbor (again, at 37 markers) is kit 196134, also at a distance of 11. Perhaps you could ask an administrator of the I-M223 Project who your numerically nearest neighbor (at 37 markers) is.

Comment

Working...
                                X