Y-DNA Transfers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Y-DNA Transfers

Y-DNA STRs can be transferred from other companies (ancestry) for $19. Does anyone know what it cost to upgrade the transferred kit to 37 and/or 67 markers?

I'll bet I'll get an answer here quicker than I'd get it from the overworked help desk!

Thanks.

Jim
    Actually I do not see any of that information right now on the GAP..
    No Y transfers or any other kind.. was that information given to us? Part of the whole new look? Wow..

Comment

Retail Price
      Transfer Y-DNA33 + Y-DNA25 $248.00
      Transfer Y-DNA46 + Y-DNA37 $188.00

If project member, they are substantially cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by prairielad View Post
        Retail Price
        Transfer Y-DNA33 + Y-DNA25 $248.00
        Transfer Y-DNA46 + Y-DNA37 $188.00

If project member, they are substantially cheaper.
        Hmm, these prices aren't correct. Where did you see them?

To upgrade from a standard $19 transfer to either Y25 (from Y33) or Y37 (from Y46), the cost should be just $39. When ordering the transfer plus upgrade at the same time, the total cost should be $58.

Elise

Comment

Where are Y Transfers Listed?

I couldn't find the transfers listed at all on the YDNA products pages:

https://www.familytreedna.com/y-dna-compare.aspx

Jim

Comment

Jim,

They're available on the Project order pages.

Elise

Comment

Originally posted by efgen View Post
              Jim,

They're available on the Project order pages.

Elise
              Where on the project order pages?

They aren't on the "Price comparison chart" and if I try the GAP "New member order" it takes me to the ftDNA home page.

Comment

To upgrade from a standard $19 transfer to either Y25 (from Y33) or Y37 (from Y46), the cost should be just $39. When ordering the transfer plus upgrade at the same time, the total cost should be $58.

Elise
                On the project order page, after scanning down almost to the bottom I see the $19 for the transfer. I don't see a price for the upgrade or a way to order the transfer & upgrade at one time.

Jim Barrett - Timpson, TX

Comment

Hi Jim,

Contact customer support for help. It is a bit of a mess right now with some bugs in the way.

Do you think I should change my signature to 'I am sorry for the inconvenience?' :-/

Originally posted by Jim Barrett View Post
                  On the project order page, after scanning down almost to the bottom I see the $19 for the transfer. I don't see a price for the upgrade or a way to order the transfer & upgrade at one time.

Comment

Hmm, these prices aren't correct. Where did you see them?

Elise
                    It is what is listed in price comparison on Gap page (project administration>price comparison). Which I did question when I seen the price.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebekah Canada View Post
                      Hi Jim,

Contact customer support for help. It is a bit of a mess right now with some bugs in the way.

Do you think I should change my signature to 'I am sorry for the inconvenience?' :-/
                      Thanks, that is what I have just suggested. I just hope CS will go ahead and add him to my project.

Having worked in IT for a few years I get the impression that person A fixes a problem and person B fixes another problem and at the same time wipes out the fix done by person A. Or is it just that the hurrier they go the behinder they get?

Comment

The description of one fix wiping out another fix is typical of an organization that doesn't follow a rigorous testing and configuration management process. Each "fix" or software change needs to be tested fully in a parallel test environment before it is moved to the production environment. This methodology can reliably detect program changes trampling on each other as well as virtually all of the other embarrassing occurrences of the past few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Barrett View Post

I do not even see the $19 transfer and I want to quote this to someone.. Where?
                          Last edited by Kathleen Carrow; 26th March 2014, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kathleen Carrow View Post
                            I do not even see the $19 transfer and I want to quote this to someone.. Where?
                            I just called and spoke to Chelsea who told me the $19 transfers had been discontinued because of problems..
                            I asked her to please check on that, as Rebekah and Elise had indicated otherwise. When she got back she said that it CAN be ordered at some point in time but only through them, BUT since IT cannot do the upload it won't really be ordered. So I should wait

When IT fixes whatever is wrong, it will again appear on the site..Right now very little is appearing to order..Which is why everyone is confused I guess

Comment

OH! for the good old days when most of the things at FTDNA worked. Then along came someone who thought all the things that weren't broke needed to be fixed so they got busy and they appear to have been able to break just about everything.

Comment

Working...
                              X