Y-12 product discontinued?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jim Barrett View Post
    Y-DNA12 is still listed on the order page for my projects. I've never tried to order through the GAP.
    Yes it can be ordered from the Group link which is outside the GAP so one has to log out to order, just an unnecessary step . I usually have many actions going on at the same time and find it very inconvenient having to log out yet again whenever I need to order a y12 kit for a new customer. The y37 + are all avalable from within GAP so why not y12?

Comment

I just placed an order for a 12-marker y-dna test a couple of days ago. Because I could not see how to do it from my GAP (and I had not yet seen this thread), I actually telephoned FTDNA and made the order over the phone. The FTDNA representative was very courteous and professional, but ordering a 12-marker test should be easier.

There are a number of things I like about the 12-marker test. It gets a sample into FTDNA's lab at a relatively low price. This is important, especially with elderly test subjects, since, let's face it, time may be in short supply. Because of the relatively low cost, it makes it possible for a project to spread out the use of its general fund to recruit more individuals, thus increasing the potential for matches. If the admins or other persons doing the recruiting will secure the permission to upgrade to more markers up front, then interested parties can pool their money to order upgrades on those samples that they match, thus transforming a mere 12-marker match into something potentially much more informative and significant.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexandrina View Post
        Yes it can be ordered from the Group link which is outside the GAP so one has to log out to order, just an unnecessary step.
        Why log out? I just open another window and click on the link in my Favorites. I do agree having it in the gap for the admins who want it shouldn't be a problem either. Most of my kits are ordered by the customers and they can't get to the GAP.

Comment

Why log out? I just open another window and click on the link in my Favorites. I do agree having it in the gap for the admins who want it shouldn't be a problem either. Most of my kits are ordered by the customers and they can't get to the GAP.
          When I do that the new Tab just rebounds to GAP Homepage so 'no go there'.
          Many of my Y12 Kits are ordered or paid for by me or our project.

Comment

I operate Safari and Chrome browsers simultaneous on my Mac to solve this problem. Works well, even with multiple windows open on one or both browser.

Comment

Originally posted by fmoakes View Post
              I operate Safari and Chrome browsers simultaneous on my Mac to solve this problem. Works well, even with multiple windows open on one or both browser.
              I do the same with IE, Firefox and Chrome on my laptop PC with no problem.

Comment

Up grade a Y-12 DNA test?

I have had a purchased Y-12 test for months. It has taken me that long to convince a 2nd cousin to take the test. Male line ends at our G-G Grandfather.
                We know there are cousins out there, just need to find them.
                Does anyone know if I can have the Y-12 test up-graded after I send the completer Y-12 test?

Comment

Originally posted by SLMcH View Post
                  Does anyone know if I can have the Y-12 test up-graded after I send the completer Y-12 test?
                  You can always purchase an upgrade to a higher marker level anytime, via the Upgrade button in myFTDNA.

However, if you want to CHANGE the original order to one with more markers, you'll need to do that before we receive the completed kit back (once the order is "batched" and sent to the lab, it can't be changed). Just contact Customer Support if you want to change the order:
                  http://www.familytreedna.com/contact.aspx

Elise

Comment

Working...
                  X