Does a SNP ever disappear when mutating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brunetmj View Post
    I have tested negative for most of the big ones.
    DF49,L96,Z255,Z253,DF21,DF41 were all negative

I recently ordered L513 , L37 and L555 as they are the only top tier SNP's left for me. Thats why I asked about DF 63 to make sure I am not missing one and thanks for putting that to rest. I am glad that SNP testing is so much faster than the rest of the various tests here!
    I assume you mean L371 and not L37? Good luck with your testing!

-Kai

Comment

I assume you mean L371 and not L37?
      Yes L371- why do all of these charts have to written in such small fonts!
      If all turn out to be negative and I end up with just DF13+ I may consider a walk through. My L21 is from northern France and thought it may contribute something.

Comment

Originally posted by Brunetmj View Post
        If all turn out to be negative and I end up with just DF13+ I may consider a walk through. My L21 is from northern France and thought it may contribute something.
        I was considering the same, but then I struck gold with DF13- and DF63+. There has to be more SNPs below DF13 waiting to be discovered.

Comment

with the same topic, i was told that in 2008 when L and T where announced as new HG's, some G people where reassigned as L and some Q people reassign as T.
          Is this due to mutation of STR/SNP ?

I was told G is especially prone to mutation changes

I was wondering because all my close matching people are in either britain or norway, even though I am T1b

Comment

Working...
          X