NPDHM Gold Latvia -L1253

197965 Raciti Italy -L1253

Leave a comment:

• thormalen
    replied
    Originally posted by k.o.gran View Post
    I see there is a J1c3 project, which would have been perfect for this:
    http://www.familytreedna.com/public/j1el147

Unfortunately, it seems there is no admin for it. If you are up for the task, you could ask FTDNA to make you an admin of that project? There are 483 kits in the project, so it seems like a very good base for further SNP testing below J1c3. It is also very sad to see projects of that size with noone running it.

-Kai
    Thanks but I got out of that project. They were uncommunicative and I am not sure about their goals.

Leave a comment:

• k.o.gran
    replied
    I see there is a J1c3 project, which would have been perfect for this:
    http://www.familytreedna.com/public/j1el147

Unfortunately, it seems there is no admin for it. If you are up for the task, you could ask FTDNA to make you an admin of that project? There are 483 kits in the project, so it seems like a very good base for further SNP testing below J1c3. It is also very sad to see projects of that size with noone running it.

-Kai

Leave a comment:

• thormalen
    replied
    Originally posted by k.o.gran View Post
    Hi Thormalen.

I was the first to test positive for DF63, a SNP found by an anonymous researcher. I coordinate all research on this SNP through the R-L21 project (L21 is above DF63). I recruit plausible candidates to test, and to join that project. That way, I can easily see the results in the projects SNP report. I am not an admin of that project, and I don't need to be. Maybe you could do the same in a "J" project? I'm assuming there is one... It would make it a lot easier for you to keep an overview over the results.

-Kai
    Hello Kai...that is a good idea. The J group has become so large that I am not sure who if anyone is in charge of doing that. I will ask. We have 3 groups involved ; the J, the Graham and the Jordan. I have had communication with admin of all 3 groups and E letters were sent out to members about the SNP.

Leave a comment:

• k.o.gran
    replied
    Hi Thormalen.

I was the first to test positive for DF63, a SNP found by an anonymous researcher. I coordinate all research on this SNP through the R-L21 project (L21 is above DF63). I recruit plausible candidates to test, and to join that project. That way, I can easily see the results in the projects SNP report. I am not an admin of that project, and I don't need to be. Maybe you could do the same in a "J" project? I'm assuming there is one... It would make it a lot easier for you to keep an overview over the results.

-Kai

Leave a comment:

• thormalen
    replied
    Originally posted by thormalen View Post
    John Brown b 1813 +L1253 [info fm Graham Group]
    Gold... Latvia -L1253

Leave a comment:

• thormalen
    replied
    Originally posted by thormalen View Post
    My WTY results found a new SNP L1253. [Scottish Graham/Jordan Group]

As the purpose of the WTY test is research if you test for L1253 it would be great for those of us working in the J1c3d haplogroup to keep track of the results of the SNP testing. If you wish to help it would be appreciated.

Results:
    N42042 +L1253 ;
    Brosgal Group J1c3d cluster A -L1253
    Jordan Group [my cluster] one + L1253
    John Brown b 1813 +L1253 [info fm Graham Group]

Leave a comment:

• thormalen
    started a topic New SNP L1253 results [J1c3d]

New SNP L1253 results [J1c3d]

My WTY results found a new SNP L1253. [Scottish Graham/Jordan Group]

As the purpose of the WTY test is research if you test for L1253 it would be great for those of us working in the J1c3d haplogroup to keep track of the results of the SNP testing. If you wish to help it would be appreciated.

Results:
    N42042 +L1253 ;
    Brosgal Group J1c3d cluster A -L1253
    Jordan Group [my cluster] one + L1253
    Last edited by thormalen; 21 July 2012, 10:09 PM. Reason: left some info out
Working...
X