Stars in Y-DNA standard results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stars in Y-DNA standard results

A friend and I have our Y-DNA standard results but we both have red coloured stars in different alleles, what does this indicate.?

my results has 3 stars in DYS389ii and 2 stars in DYS19.

If you hover over the stars, it tells you to reference the help page, which brings up this info:

¤ This result is new since your last login.
    * A value of “0” for any marker indicates that the lab reported a null value for this marker. Our labs retest all cases of null values multiple times to confirm their accuracy. Mutations causing null values are infrequent, but fathers pass on null values to their sons just like other Y-DNA mutations. Therefore, related male lineages such as a father and a son are likely to share null values.
    ** DYS19 is also known as DYS394.
    *** Family Tree DNA and the Genographic Project report DYS389II differently.

Comment

Originally posted by Kountz View Post
      If you hover over the stars, it tells you to reference the help page, which brings up this info:

¤ This result is new since your last login.
      * A value of “0” for any marker indicates that the lab reported a null value for this marker. Our labs retest all cases of null values multiple times to confirm their accuracy. Mutations causing null values are infrequent, but fathers pass on null values to their sons just like other Y-DNA mutations. Therefore, related male lineages such as a father and a son are likely to share null values.
      ** DYS19 is also known as DYS394.
      *** Family Tree DNA and the Genographic Project report DYS389II differently.
      Ty,
      i found it..........but the hovering of mouse does not work.......

Comment

Working...
      X