FTDNA summer sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTDNA summer sale

I just got the announcement. I'd like to recommend the 37 to 111 upgrade as a very useful tool, and at $188 it's a bargain compared with separate stepwise upgrades from 37 to 67, and then 68 to 111. When I upgraded to 67 I didn't really learn much, I just did it to get incuded in some spreadsheets for calculation of the TMRCA and so on. But from 68 to 111 (which is rarely on sale) I got a lot of new off-modal results. Those are the most useful, for finding the people who cluster together. Then one has a good chance of guessing what terminal SNP to order -- rather than investing in the obsolete Deep Clade test.

Originally posted by razyn View Post
    Then one has a good chance of guessing what terminal SNP to order -- rather than investing in the obsolete Deep Clade test.

You just had to say it, didn't you? Couldn't you have waited another 6 months for the painful memories of countless games of Solitaire and endless sessions of "What if I'm <SNP goes here> positive?" to fade?

Seriously. There are some good deals to be had, I think.

How did you get the announcement. by the way? I mean, what source? I never seem to get any email from ftdna, for example and I typically stay logged in to my page, so I rarely see the ftdna home page.

Cool news!

Comment

Last week we ordered a transfer for a Family Finder test from 23 and Me for a male relative. We are considering ordering a Y STR test for him but strangely the price for his id is quite a bit higher than the sale prices quoted on the front page.

Do the sale prices only apply to new customers or is the sale discount more for new customers than for "upgrading" customers. I use "upgrading" in quotes since there is no DNA on file for this person.

Comment

I got the announcement as co-administrator of a surname group (that has about ten members). I'm unimportant, but some of these guys have many hundreds of members. And by the way if you order in the first two days instead of waiting until the deadline, you'll be in an earlier batch (the one that goes in day after tomorrow). Next week's batch will be huge, and therefore slower because of the work load at the lab.

I can't get this list to format well, but here are the prices:

NEW KITS Current Group Price SALE PRICE
        Y-DNA 12 $99 $59
        Y-DNA 37 $149 $129
        Y-DNA 67 $239 $199
        Family Finder $289 $199
        mtFullSequence (FMS) $299 $219
        FF+ Y-DNA 37 $438 $328
        FF + mtDNAPlus $438 $328
        Comprehensive (FF + FMS + Y-DNA 67)$797 $617
        SuperDNA $518 $428
        UPGRADES
        12 to 37 $109 $70
        25 to 37 $59 $35
        25 to 67 $159 $114
        37 to 67 $109 $79
        37 to 111 $220 $188
        67 to 111 $129 $109
        mtHVR1 to Mega $269 $209
        mtHVR2 to Mega $239 $199

Comment

These sale prices are for projects - so one must be a project member to get them. There are sale prices both for upgrades and new members.

Originally posted by LindaT View Post
          Last week we ordered a transfer for a Family Finder test from 23 and Me for a male relative. We are considering ordering a Y STR test for him but strangely the price for his id is quite a bit higher than the sale prices quoted on the front page.

Do the sale prices only apply to new customers or is the sale discount more for new customers than for "upgrading" customers. I use "upgrading" in quotes since there is no DNA on file for this person.

Comment

Originally posted by dwight View Post
            These sale prices are for projects - so one must be a project member to get them. There are sale prices both for upgrades and new members.
            Thanks for the info! I put a request in to join our surname project. Hopefully they'll respond with the appropriate info. I'll tell our family's donor to get his cheeks ready.

Comment

Originally posted by LindaT View Post

Your situation is unusual because, as you say, the relative has an FTDNA account but never submitted a cell sample.

You can call FTDNA to try to get a price adjustment; but alternatively, you could just order a new kit for him.

Comment

Working...
              X