X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favouriteslave
    replied
    Originally posted by JamesBianco View Post
    Sposito and Esposito as a surname in Italy almost always indicates an abandoned infant at birth. There will be a point, if you trace backward in his ancestry where the parents will be listed as unknown on a direct paternal ancestor's birth record.

YEP! I am aware of that and I think I'm at that point. The furthest Espo was Giuseppe Arniello Sposito born in 1799. Either he is the abandoned one or before him because after 1861 Naples enacted a law saying that name could no longer be used for that purpose.

As long as I live, I'll keep looking. It would help if I could narrow down his subclade to get an idea of those around Ischia with the same DNA. Ischia really isn't that big!

Leave a comment:

• JamesBianco
    replied
    Sposito and Esposito as a surname in Italy almost always indicates an abandoned infant at birth. There will be a point, if you trace backward in his ancestry where the parents will be listed as unknown on a direct paternal ancestor's birth record.

Leave a comment:

• vinnie
    replied
    Originally posted by Favouriteslave View Post
    Ok I will do that. This means that J2a4 is now J2a3?
    Yes. If you check pages 3 & 4 of the J Project results, you'll see both the new and old labels.

Leave a comment:

• Favouriteslave
    replied
    Ok I will do that. This means that J2a4 is now J2a3?

Leave a comment:

• vinnie
    replied
    I suggest that he join the J Project and ask one of the admins. Otherwise, you can check the ISOGG J tree, but there's been a change in the subclade designations due to new SNPs having been found. http://www.isogg.org/tree/ISOGG_HapgrpJ.html http://www.familytreedna.com/public/Y-DNA_J/

Leave a comment:

• Favouriteslave
    started a topic Advice on which SNP to test for a J2

Advice on which SNP to test for a J2

My husband had y-37 done and is a J2. I plugged his numbers into other calcs and one suggested a 100% match with J2a4b1 and anther J2a4. So what would be my best bet to test for.

A little background his Surname was Sposito from Naples and Ischia Italy and he has NO matches through y-37 and it only lists one ancestral origin (J2 Romania)

I was reading there was a Specific Italian group of J2a4b1 that were middle eastern.

What would be the wise choice without doing a deep clade because I believe a deep clade would be a waste of money since he's so close to terminal subclade. If he was R1b that would be a different story.
Working...
X