NPE R1b1a2 M269 (predicted)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPE R1b1a2 M269 (predicted)

My male relative had the 67 marker test. The closest matches are GD3. He has a 15 at STR 442, very rare in Hg R1b (less than .005%) and none of the matches had this value although 2 GD3 matches have a 14. He has a 21 at STR 481 (.07%) and 3 of the GD 4 matches have this many repeats, all of the others have a 22.

The matches who have SNP tests up to GD5 are all L21. Only 4 of the many matches have the same name (Donahue) and the matches are mostly Irish with a few Welsh and Scots. Mr. Casey ran the markers through his MRCA calculator and the closest was an ancestor at 13 generations in the past. At SMGF the closest matches were about 9 generations in the past.

Is it going to be worthwhile to have SNP tests and would I need to order the panel?

My results at FF show many R1b1a2's but none of the names so far are on the YDNA matches list.

Originally posted by Mendomaid View Post
    My male relative had the 67 marker test. The closest matches are GD3. He has a 15 at STR 442, very rare in Hg R1b (less than .005%) and none of the matches had this value although 2 GD3 matches have a 14. He has a 21 at STR 481 (.07%) and 3 of the GD 4 matches have this many repeats, all of the others have a 22.

The matches who have SNP tests up to GD5 are all L21. Only 4 of the many matches have the same name (Donahue) and the matches are mostly Irish with a few Welsh and Scots. Mr. Casey ran the markers through his MRCA calculator and the closest was an ancestor at 13 generations in the past. At SMGF the closest matches were about 9 generations in the past.

Is it going to be worthwhile to have SNP tests and would I need to order the panel?

My results at FF show many R1b1a2's but none of the names so far are on the YDNA matches list.
    If I were you, I would want to confirm the haplogroup, so, yeah, I would at least order L21, if not the whole panel.

Have you got a Ysearch ID you're willing to share?

Comment

Ysearch

FG535 OR ZMJX9
      Since all of his matches are R1b is it likely that he is in another haplogroup? I did see that some Hg I and some guys from Russia had a 15 at STR 442.

Comment

Originally posted by Mendomaid View Post
        FG535 OR ZMJX9
        Since all of his matches are R1b is it likely that he is in another haplogroup? I did see that some Hg I and some guys from Russia had a 15 at STR 442.
        No, he is not anything but R1b.

It looks very likely he will be L21+. I don't believe FTDNA offers L21 as a separate test anymore, but you could contact them by email or phone and ask.

I am not that familiar with the "South Irish II" haplotype, but your relative is only 4 off it at 67 markers, and his closest matches are Irish.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo View Post
          No, he is not anything but R1b.

It looks very likely he will be L21+. I don't believe FTDNA offers L21 as a separate test anymore, but you could contact them by email or phone and ask.

I am not that familiar with the "South Irish II" haplotype, but your relative is only 4 off it at 67 markers, and his closest matches are Irish.
          Once someone has had the deep clade test, then any SNP, including L21, can be ordered as an individual test purchase for $29 per SNP. Since Mendomaid's male relative doesn't seem to have had a deep clade test yet, that option isn't available. Of course, if the male relative orders the deep clade test ($139), then L21 will be included in the test.

Comment

Originally posted by MMaddi View Post
            Once someone has had the deep clade test, then any SNP, including L21, can be ordered as an individual test purchase for $29 per SNP. Since Mendomaid's male relative doesn't seem to have had a deep clade test yet, that option isn't available. Of course, if the male relative orders the deep clade test ($139), then L21 will be included in the test.
            You don't need the Deep Clade to order individual SNPs. They're available to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by MMaddi View Post
              I just went to my Haplotree page and by clicking on the "Continue to Choose SNPs" button I was able to select L21. I have never ordered a Deep Clade test.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Barrett View Post
                I just went to my Haplotree page and by clicking on the "Continue to Choose SNPs" button I was able to select L21. I have never ordered a Deep Clade test.
                You're right. I stand corrected.

Comment

How do you know that if you test L21 you want move down the list to one of the other SNP's?

Comment

Originally posted by EdwardRHill View Post
                    How do you know that if you test L21 you want move down the list to one of the other SNP's?
                    She doesn't, but there are so many new L21+ SNPs now that, barring some clear STR clues, it can take awhile, and quite a bit of testing, to find the right one. The Deep Clade doesn't test for them all.

R-L21 is a major P312 subclade. Since it looks like Mendomaid's male relative is probably positive for it, that's a good place to start.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo View Post
                      She doesn't, but there are so many new L21+ SNPs now that, barring some clear STR clues, it can take awhile, and quite a bit of testing, to find the right one. The Deep Clade doesn't test for them all.

R-L21 is a major P312 subclade. Since it looks like Mendomaid's male relative is probably positive for it, that's a good place to start.
                      But why not just do the whole test and get it over with.

I did the Deep Clade test and this is the result I got

R1b1a2a1a1b4 P312+ L21+ U152- U106- P66- P314.2- M37- M222- L96- L226- L20- L2- L193- L176.2- L159.2- L144-

I know your saying that the Deep Clade test doesn't cover everything but why not do the test than wait and see which SNP's to test later? Because something new is probably pop up later anyway. It seems like they could eliminate some of the process by just doing the Deep Clade test and getting what you can out of the way.
                      Last edited by EdwardRHill; 29 April 2012, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by EdwardRHill View Post
                        But why not just do the whole test and get it over with.

I did the Deep Clade test and this is the result I got

R1b1a2a1a1b4 P312+ L21+ U152- U106- P66- P314.2- M37- M222- L96- L226- L20- L2- L193- L176.2- L159.2- L144-

I know your saying that the Deep Clade test doesn't cover everything but why not do the test than wait and see which SNP's to test later? Because something new is probably pop up later anyway. It seems like they could eliminate some of the process by just doing the Deep Clade test and getting what you can out of the way.
                        Because many people can save money if they have close matches who've already been SNP-tested. Some haplogroup projects are better than others at predicting SNPs, so your mileage may vary. But the L21 Yahoo! Group has a spreadsheet of clade predictions that's regularly updated.

Comment

Originally posted by nathanm View Post
                          Because many people can save money if they have close matches who've already been SNP-tested. Some haplogroup projects are better than others at predicting SNPs, so your mileage may vary. But the L21 Yahoo! Group has a spreadsheet of clade predictions that's regularly updated.
                          Well that makes since if you have a close match than why not. I have two and we have a different surname so I want to get them to confirm Haplogroup and paying I think 9 or 10 bucks for a single SNP is better than paying 99.00 or 139.00 bucks for the Deep Clade test which ever it is now. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                          X