Upgrade Options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade Options?

I have a predicted Y Haplogroup of G, and a 65/67 match who is G2a3b1. Would it be prudent to order the P303 test, or is the Deep Clade test a better option?

Originally posted by Blue Beatle View Post
    I have a predicted Y Haplogroup of G, and a 65/67 match who is G2a3b1. Would it be prudent to order the P303 test, or is the Deep Clade test a better option?
    It would certainly be cheaper to order P303, and, given your match, you have an excellent chance of a positive result. It's a choice between thoroughness, at $139, and a bargain, at $29.

I recommend a roll of the dice at $29 first. The odds are in your favor. If you come up short, go for the Deep Clade.

Comment

Frankly, the Deep Clade would be a foolish choice right now. FTDNA has just jacked up the price substantially, but the corresponding improvement in precision (via a more elaborated haplotree) has not yet been made or even promised (for current orders).

The two reasonable choices are either:
      - To order a single SNP now, or
      - To wait for the new haplotree, and order a Deep Clade then.

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys. I ordered the P303 test, we'll see what happens.

Comment

Just got my results (about a month earlier than predicted ), and I'm positive for P303! What are the chances I'm also positive for some of the "down stream" SNPs?

Comment

Working...
          X