YSearch new Pedigree feature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YSearch new Pedigree feature

I was playing around with the search for common Y-DNA result with matching surname in pedigree. What I have found is people with similar Y-DNA and different surname but having Hunt surname in the pedigree. With the two that did match closest to myself both are from same location within MA. Now t ofind someone with matching surname and see if I match them!

Allen Brian Hunt

Re: YSearch new Pedigree feature

Originally posted by A.Hunt
    I was playing around with the search for common Y-DNA result with matching surname in pedigree. What I have found is people with similar Y-DNA and different surname but having Hunt surname in the pedigree. With the two that did match closest to myself both are from same location within MA. Now t ofind someone with matching surname and see if I match them!

Allen Brian Hunt
    where in mass.?
    remember if chelsea revere and winthrop are involved i am your man

Comment

Weymouth, Hingham(?) First one for sure second one guessing it 3:33am.

Comment

Weymouth, Hingham(?) First one for sure second one guessing it 3:33am.
        i'll keep an eye out

Comment

I did a search for matching surname in pedigree. I then compare my Y-DNA to people that had similar Y-DNA then searched where the people with matching surname in the pedigree. Weymouth MA. was one of the line.

Thing I was looking for is pedigree older then 1700. A period where people migrated as a congregation. These same group of people tend to have lived in one general area for many generation oversea.

If I do locate a match with another person with same surname then this can disprove the fact son carried his mother surname. As I had foudn the mother in 3 census and never a male of proper age living with her meantime there was 5 children born. One boy 4 girls.

Comment

Hunt of Weymouth

I did a search for matching surname in pedigree. I then compare my Y-DNA to people that had similar Y-DNA then searched where the people with matching surname in the pedigree. Weymouth MA. was one of the line.

Thing I was looking for is pedigree older then 1700. A period where people migrated as a congregation. These same group of people tend to have lived in one general area for many generation oversea.

If I do locate a match with another person with same surname then this can disprove the fact son carried his mother surname. As I had foudn the mother in 3 census and never a male of proper age living with her meantime there was 5 children born. One boy 4 girls.
            Was this the Corthell pedigree you veiwed? I have the Hunt name on my side. This particular vein dated back to the early 1600's in Weymouth. The Hunt family has a book of descendents from the early 1600's all the way to the 1800's.
            Do you know your line before 1700? If not I have an online book to help you. We still live in the area today. My home is between less than 1 mile, and no more than 25 miles from most of my ancestors that arrived on the Mayflower, the Ann, the Fortune..ect. (So much for exploring)
            It seems my son's and your DNA is no more than 1 genetic distance from eachother. I undersand this is probably of no significance, but would be interesting to link anyhow.
            Let me know if you can trace back your tree to the Ma. area.
            You may find a link?
            Candace M. Corthell

Comment

Hunt of Weymouth

P.S. If you rceive this e-mail in time, I am going to the Webb Library in Weymouth at 5:30 tonight to do more Hunt research.
              The last Hunt in my line was in the 1960's. Some of the Hunt homesteads are still standing(along with Hunt school). I am taking pictures of them for my "Family Book of Ascendents".
              The Hunt family was very prominent in the town for generations.
              Some were farmers,some were merchants. Many of them had mansions,farmlands and homesteads that are still standing.
              This particular line of Hunt spread out from Ma., but were originally from England.There is a wealth of information I can share with you, if you are interested.
              Candy

Comment

Candy I take you have picture of them? I have picture of my G grandfather wedding day. He was born 1892 SC.

Also check for a Jesse Hunt. His birth day wasn't posted his daughter married into another family line that was from Weymouth also. Family is said ot be from MA > SC> TN.

Comment

Working...
                X