Posting of Updated Y-DNA Tests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posting of Updated Y-DNA Tests

I received the results of my 67-marker Y-DNA test two days ago and uploaded same to ysearch.org. This was an upgrade to my previous 37-marker test. So far I don't see Y-DNA matches for my 67-marker test. How long does it take FTDNA to post matches when upgraded results are obtained for Y-DNA tests?

You should see matches right away. Check your User Preferences page in your MyFTDNA account and make sure 67-marker matches is checked. If it is, and you aren't seeing 67-marker matches, then you simply don't have any 67-marker matches (yet) that are at least 60/67 or better.

Comment

I second efgen

Originally posted by efgen
      You should see matches right away. Check your User Preferences page in your MyFTDNA account and make sure 67-marker matches is checked. If it is, and you aren't seeing 67-marker matches, then you simply don't have any 67-marker matches (yet) that are at least 60/67 or better.
      Daa,

I am R1b1c*+ and have one 36/37 match and one 33/37 match. I have no matches at the 67-marker level...yet! I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks,
      Steve in St. Louis
      Last edited by swknuckles; 1 May 2008, 09:51 PM. Reason: Adding name

Comment

matches?

I don't have matches at any level, let alone my 67 level. If one doesn't have a match at 12 0r 37, or whatever, then a match at 67 is remote. At least that's the way it looks to me.

R1a1

Comment

Originally posted by PDHOTLEN
          If one doesn't have a match at 12 0r 37, or whatever, then a match at 67 is remote.
          I had a 9/12 which became a much more interesting 63/67 match when we upgraded. I guess it all depends on where the mismatches occur.

I've always wondered if the panel 1 markers were chosen because they represent some sort of reliable screen for subsequent matches, or are they simply the first 12 loci that FTNDA decided to make available. Perhaps a more knowledgeable genetecist could shed some light...

-Rob

Comment

Likewise, my only 12 marker match isn't my closest match in terms of tmrca or actual genetic similarity. The guy who is my closest match shares a mutation with me that puts the two of us in a separate sub-group within the J project. Hope you're not limiting yourself to the results that FTDNA posts to your results pages. I found my closest match on y-search; I may have also found another person who shares our mutation at SMGF - waiting for confirmation on his hg.
            Last edited by vinnie; 2 May 2008, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Thank you Efgen

Found out my 67-marker test was not checked in my Preferences. Thanks very much for steering me to the right place. Daa Schoe

Comment

Working...
              X