Additional opinions needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Additional opinions needed.

Could someone give me a 2nd, 3rd, etc. opinion on the comparison of Y-DNA values of the following Y-search IDs : QM5YF, DMBJB, RJRT9 and XKFYV. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Two comments. Even a perfect match on 37 markers is not really meaningful with R1b.

Second, not doubting the Irishness of those two contributors, but Williams was originally an English, or at least Anglo-Norman, name. http://www.ireland.com/ancestor/surname/index.cfm Patronymics are not valid indicators of converging lines, but if all those Williamses turned out to be from the same place in Ireland, then you might have something.

Regards,

Jim
    J1

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I wanted to get an unbiased opinion on these results. I must be fair and say Williams is not the original surname of these men. They are from four different branches from a common ancestor. RJRT9 and DMBJB are four generations away - XKFYV and QM5YF are three generations away from the common ancestor. I was expecting the results to be closer, especially DMBJB. Trying to determine a family profile.

Comment

Working...
      X