• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hando
    FTDNA Customer
    • Nov 2007

Upgrading Genographic Y Chromosome Test to FT Y67 Test

Hi, before I found out that Family Tree offered the Y-DNA 67 Marker Test, I purchased Genographic's Y Chromosome test that only does 12 markers.
    I want to have the most detailed Y Chromosome test done, so...
    If I wanted to upgrade my Y Chromosome test to Famliy Tree's Y-DNA 67 Marker Test, do I have any money saving options, or do I have to completely redo everything by purchasing the FamilyTree Y-DNA 67 Marker test?

Thanks
  • Jim Barrett
    R-BY55907
    • Apr 2003

FIRST - have your data added to the Family Tree DNA Database -
    Joining Family Tree DNA after you received your results from the Genographic Project is simple. At the bottom of your results page you will see a link "Learn More", which takes you to Family Tree DNA. You will also be offered to join a Surname Project during the process of transferring your data, and obtain additional information related to genealogy at no extra cost. Should you decide to do any of the other genealogy-related tests that we offer, including upgrades to more markers, you will be entitled to a reduced rate and Family Tree DNA won't need to collect your sample again, as Family Tree DNA offers to store your DNA for 25 years as an additional service - free of charge.

SECOND - If there is a surname project for your surname join it. This does not require another sample. FTDNA already has your sample as they did the other test.

THIRD - Upgrade from 12 markers to 67 markers.

NOTE - Step 1 and 2 are free. You have to pay for step 3 and it is cheaper if you are in a surname project.

Comment

• Hando
      FTDNA Customer
      • Nov 2007

Thank you for your advice. I have sent you a private message.
      Hando
      Last edited by Hando; 29 November 2007, 05:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X