Y-search glitch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Y-search glitch?

Maybe it's something I'm doing wrong, but when I put in the IDs of each of two (matching) members from my project, they do not show up as a match for each other.

The Y-seach IDs are UZN3H and VRRZK.

They match 12/12 and 25/25, but only 35/37.

It could be that I am setting parameters incorrectly, but if I am, probably others may be doing so as well and missing matches?

Beth Long

Beth, they show up as matches but only if you set the maximum genetic distance to 2. That is the first box under the word "Allow:" on the "Enter Search Parameters" page.

Comment

Number of Markers

Originally posted by Pleroma
      Beth, they show up as matches but only if you set the maximum genetic distance to 2. That is the first box under the word "Allow:" on the "Enter Search Parameters" page.
      O.k., so it treats a 35/37 match the same as a 10/12, apparantly. Thanks.

Beth

Comment

Not exactly

Originally posted by Beth Long
        O.k., so it treats a 35/37 match the same as a 10/12, apparantly. Thanks.

Beth
        Having set the criterion of 2 GD your search shows a 35/37 match between your two IDS as being the strongest matches found - but then it also displays from 12/12 to 11/12 & 10/12 since you input 2GD as the search parameter.

In fact, the FTIP calculator indicates that a 35/37 marker match between same surname subjects is a higher probability match than a 12/12; about the same as a 24/25 result; - but not as high as a 25/25 match. So 10/12 is way out of this ball game.

Bill Harvey

Comment

Y-search matches

Originally posted by Bill Harvey
          Having set the criterion of 2 GD your search shows a 35/37 match between your two IDS as being the strongest matches found - but then it also displays from 12/12 to 11/12 & 10/12 since you input 2GD as the search parameter.

In fact, the FTIP calculator indicates that a 35/37 marker match between same surname subjects is a higher probability match than a 12/12; about the same as a 24/25 result; - but not as high as a 25/25 match. So 10/12 is way out of this ball game.

Bill Harvey
          Thanks for explaining this Bill,

These two are probably about ten generations apart (there's no paper trail), but apparantly they do have a common ancestor.

Beth

Comment

Working...
          X