SNP ZS7002 and my match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SNP ZS7002 and my match

I took the big Y test and i have another person not from my family but with the same surname tested Y37 markers to see if we are by any means related. The result came to show that we are an exact match on the 12 markers with a genetic distance of 0 and we are a match also on the 37 marketers with a genetic distance of 1.Accordingly, and since I have tested positive for SNP terminal ZS7002, I decided to order the same SNP test for my match "ZS7002" and the result returned positive for the ZS7002 SNP . Does this mean anything?

Yes, you both belong to the same branch of the J haplotree which means there is definitely a common ancestral origin, however to determine the distance of that you would need to know how many novel SNPs you each have between you and the ZS7002 SNP.

Big Y-500 would be the sort of test that would determine this.

Also worth noting that Haplogroup J-ZS7002 is downstream of J-Y22035 which roughly formed 6000 ybp.

Comment

Originally posted by spruithean View Post
      Yes, you both belong to the same branch of the J haplotree which means there is definitely a common ancestral origin, however to determine the distance of that you would need to know how many novel SNPs you each have between you and the ZS7002 SNP.

Also worth noting that Haplogroup J-ZS7002 is downstream of J-Y22035 which roughly formed 6000 ybp.
      Thank You

Comment

Originally posted by spruithean View Post

Can you explain to me how is knowing how many novel SNPs we share can benefit us if we both tested positive for ZS7002 SNP?

Comment

Novel SNPs (or private) refer to SNPs that are not yet seen on the haplotree, and some can be found to be within families and related lineages. So say your match and you both belong to ZS7002 and you from there have some shared novel (or private) SNPs:

here is a sort of chart with some hypothetical names for these private SNPs

You
          ZS7002

Your match
          ZS7002

Notice in this hypothetical your match doesn't have a +ve result for the "982901" mutation, thus we can determine through mathematical calculation roughly where your lineages may have branched out.

In my own Big Y-500 results and matches I've two matches who are actually downstream of my terminal haplogroup, the haplogroup project administrator calculated that our common ancestor between my separate lineage and their's was roughly 1,700-1,850 YBP.

​​​​​​I have my own private mutations which will be found in my family and those related to my paternal lineage, while they share more mutations with each other due to their terminal haplogroup.

Basically SNPs can help us see structurally where lineages deviate from each other into distinct lines.

Comment

Hello
            mY results revealed that I was under downstream of j-y22035

what does this mean ?

thanks

Comment

Working...
            X