Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DYS442 Marker Change after transfer

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering why my DYS442 Marker change from 18 on the 46 marker test at ancestry.com to 13 when when I transfer to familytreedna.com and took their 37 marker test.

Should I send an email to the help desk at FTDNA to ask the question?

Originally posted by psinacio View Post
    I was wondering why my DYS442 Marker change from 18 on the 46 marker test at ancestry.com to 13 when when I transfer to familytreedna.com and took their 37 marker test.
    Ancestry used different reporting standards than FTDNA.

-5 is the correct conversion for DYS442. You should also see a difference on GATAH4 of -1. These are the only two on the Y37 panels.

There are two others, YGATAA10 (-2) and DYS441 (-1). I am not sure which panel these last two appear on at FTDNA, if any.

Comment

Originally posted by teyoung View Post
      Ancestry used different reporting standards than FTDNA.

-5 is the correct conversion for DYS442. You should also see a difference on GATAH4 of -1. These are the only two on the Y37 panels.

There are two others, YGATAA10 (-2) and DYS441 (-1). I am not sure which panel these last two appear on at FTDNA, if any.
      Thanks teyoung,

Now it makes sense. I am adding this to the Ysearch too, but now I got confused. Wondering if I should add Ancestry values or FTDNA values. 18 and 12 or 13 and 11???

I have tested 46 markers at Ancestry, but I could only transfer 33 to FTDNA.

I believe I can add all markers to Ysearch.

More strangely, when I asked to download csv from Ancestry I got 48 markers instead of 47... :-)

Comment

Originally posted by psinacio View Post
        Now it makes sense. I am adding this to the Ysearch too, but now I got confused. Wondering if I should add Ancestry values or FTDNA values. 18 and 12 or 13 and 11???
        Since Ysearch is an FTDNA creation, I would use their values. It has been so long, I don't recall which I used.

Be ready for an adventure getting into Ysearch. it is no longer supported and a bit flakey.

Comment

Working...
        X