DNA testing/Wales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DNA testing/Wales

I am in the Davis Surname Project. There are 3 other matches in our group. None of us know our immigrant ancestors. We have clues as to their whereabouts in c1750 in America.

My questions is this. Since the Davises are assumed to hail from Wales is there any way that we can recruit people in the UK to get tested in order to help us find the UK/America connection. Is there a company like FTDNA in the UK? Where we might post messages regarding our ancestors.

Probably is not practicable. Just a thought.

I think all of us need to communicate with historical societies/ organizations in the British Isles and encourage them to get their members to participate. Oxford Ancestors offers a test, but they don't cover enough markers to make it worthwhile. I think Family Tree DNA should consider offering a deep discount to people in Europe who have a clean paper trail extending back many generations in the male line -this could, perhaps, be coordinated through some of the historical societies.

My Welsh connection is through Ellis ancestors in Bala, North Wales.

Timothy Peterman

Comment

DNA Testing/Europe

I think Family Tree DNA should consider offering a deep discount to people in Europe who have a clean paper trail extending back many generations in the male line -this could, perhaps, be coordinated through some of the historical societies.
      I think this is a wonderful idea, Timothy.

Comment

Originally posted by davis1946
        I think this is a wonderful idea, Timothy.

i searxched and searched the net for Family links and emailed people to try to get interest in the project. In a lot of cases..people are unaware this hobby exists.

Email people back home and tell them they have the chance to establish the family lines for generations to come. Imortalized.

If theres going to be a Davis dna signature they might want it to be theirs.

Who knows..it sounds good

Comment

Working...
        X