Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M284 SNP Test - Now I-Y4751

Hello All

Was wondering if some kind soul could assist me.

I ordered the I-M223 SNP Pack consisting of 160 SNPs and my result finally arrived.
    M284>>>>>L126>>>>>S7753>>>>and finally I-Y4751. kit# is 299915.

Cannot seem to locate much information re I-Y4751. My ancestral line is Irish, although I was born in Scotland to Scottish parents who both had Irish parents.

Any assistance would be kindly appreciated.

Thanks
    davy57

This is the I-Y4751 section of the YFull tree. Almost all results from GB, Scotland, Ireland. Common ancestor about 1550 ybp, i. e. mid-5th century. http://www.yfull.com/tree/I-Y4751/

Comment

There is nothing that makes less sense to the newbie, or even the oldbie, than YFull.

You're basic Isles Scottish haplotype. It is controversial whether this group originated in southwestern Scotland or northern Ireland.

At one time it was thought to have originated in Scotland and gone to northern Ireland with the Scotch-Irish.

However, there are native Irish lines that carry this SNP. I think there's more coming on the subject. It could have originated in Scotland and gone to Ireland more than once.

When you say your paternal line is Irish it is not clear if you mean Irish who have always been there, or Anglo- and Scotch-Irish.

Comment

Have you joined the I-M223 project?

https://www.familytreedna.com/groups/m223-y-clan/about

I would ask questions in the activity feed there. They are very knowledgeable.
        Last edited by Ivar Kristensen; 12th March 2018, 09:40 AM.

Comment

My Paternal Line

Originally posted by villandra View Post
          There is nothing that makes less sense to the newbie, or even the oldbie, than YFull.

You're basic Isles Scottish haplotype. It is controversial whether this group originated in southwestern Scotland or northern Ireland.

At one time it was thought to have originated in Scotland and gone to northern Ireland with the Scotch-Irish.

However, there are native Irish lines that carry this SNP. I think there's more coming on the subject. It could have originated in Scotland and gone to Ireland more than once.

When you say your paternal line is Irish it is not clear if you mean Irish who have always been there, or Anglo- and Scotch-Irish.

Hi
          When I state that my Paternal line is Irish I mean that through my family tree research I am back to 1795 in County Dublin.

Prior to that, I have absolutely no idea where my Paternal line precedes that date, and probably will never find out.

Comment

Working...
          X