Two Second Cousins question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Second Cousins question

I have two second cousins who tested Y37 both from the same surname group and both same great grandfather. Cousin number one matches several men at 1 GD but cousin number two matches the same men at 3 GD. The two second cousins match each other at 2 GD.

Is this an indication that the mutations in cousin number two were from his father and/or grandfather?

All their matches are with the same surname. So, I'm happy about that.

Originally posted by Tenn4ever View Post
    I have two second cousins who tested Y37 both from the same surname group and both same great grandfather. Cousin number one matches several men at 1 GD but cousin number two matches the same men at 3 GD. The two second cousins match each other at 2 GD.

Is this an indication that the mutations in cousin number two were from his father and/or grandfather?

All their matches are with the same surname. So, I'm happy about that.
    I would lean towards a yes, that it is an indication that the GD of 2 mutations happen either in the one 2nd cousins Grandfather(Great Grandfather>Grandfather), his father(Grandfather > Father), or himself (Father > himself).

Or a single mutation may have happened in one generation and another single mutation in one of the following generations.

Comment

Working...
    X