Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by schnook View Post
    Actually, I have one question.

My predicted haplogroup is R-M269. I'm considering ordering an SNP but I don't know what one to test for... To be honest, I'm a bit clueless with all of this.
    Have you entered your markers at ysearch.org? Don't hurry in ordering SNP tests. You could waste money on the wrong SNP test.

Comment

Originally posted by 1798 View Post
      Have you entered your markers at ysearch.org? Don't hurry in ordering SNP tests. You could waste money on the wrong SNP test.
      Yes, that's why I'm not sure whether to buy one or not. I've added my markers on ysearch, but I don't know how to the site works so I haven't bothered with it since I got my test results last year.

Comment

Yes, that's why I'm not sure whether to buy one or not. I've added my markers on ysearch, but I don't know how to the site works so I haven't bothered with it since I got my test results last year.
        You can search for those who are closest to you at 37 markers and see which subgroups they belong to.

Comment

You can search for those who are closest to you at 37 markers and see which subgroups they belong to.

The highest marker I'm getting results with, with a distance of 0, is 12. Most of them I match at 12 markers have "Unknown" haplogroups, but 14 have R1b1a2 (R-M269)...

Comment

The highest marker I'm getting results with, with a distance of 0, is 12. Most of them I match at 12 markers have "Unknown" haplogroups, but 14 have R1b1a2 (R-M269)...
            I don't know what type of search you are doing.

Here are ways that I look for matches.
            Enter your ID
            Show users that tested at least 37 of the markers that I did.
            Allow
            a maximum genetic distance of 6 .

Do not limit search by last name

or

maximum genetic distance of 1 per marker compared above 27 markers.

Comment

I don't know what type of search you are doing.

Here are ways that I look for matches.
              Enter your ID
              Allow
              a maximum genetic distance of 6 .

or

maximum genetic distance of 1 per marker compared above 27 markers.

I did that the first time, when I did it says "No genetic matches found." I did it with 25 markers too and I still got nothing. I definitely did do a Y-37 test!

Comment

I did that the first time, when I did it says "No genetic matches found." I did it with 25 markers too and I still got nothing. I definitely did do a Y-37 test!
                You must belong to a rare group.

Comment

You must belong to a rare group.
                  Or to an undersampled one...

W. (Mr.)

Comment

Maybe. Oh well. I've hit a brick wall on my paternal side but I'm waiting for FF results and I'm REALLY excited for that instead.

Comment

All the people I was matched with at 25 have been tested at 37 bar one and none of them were a match to me. Even at 25 markers, most of them are a two-step match. Is a 67 marker test worth it? I really don't want to spend money only for the results to be disappointing.

I'm R-M269, which makes these results even more frustrating. I hoped for more connections in a common haplogroup!

Thanks Elise, I'll check that out tonight!
                      I don't get it, I am M269 too and I have thousands of match at 12 markers.
                      On Ysearch, provided the markers are listed in the same order, the series starts like this:
                      13 24 14 11 11 14 12 12 11 13 13 29 .....no match...

Everybody matches me on these first 12 markers. If they define M269 haplo then the entire m269 population is going to match me, so why not you?

Comment

Originally posted by Ric View Post
                        I don't get it, I am M269 too and I have thousands of match at 12 markers.
                        On Ysearch, provided the markers are listed in the same order, the series starts like this:
                        13 24 14 11 11 14 12 12 11 13 13 29 .....no match...

Everybody matches me on these first 12 markers. If they define M269 haplo then the entire m269 population is going to match me, so why not you?
                        There is more than one set of markers that R-M269 men have!

W. (Mr.)

Comment

Working...
                        X