Y-DNA 12 Timeframe

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Y-DNA 12 Timeframe

Does it REALLY take 6 weeks for a Y12 test to process? If so, dows it take longer that that for a Y12 to 37 or Y12 to 67 refinement?

I'm still trying to get a handle on all of this. I know it took about 6 weeks for AncestryDNA to process my autosomal and start providing results. I, for some reason, thought a Y12 would be much faster.

Six weeks sounds about right. However, each panel comes in when it is ready.

Comment

Originally posted by MFWare View Post
      Six weeks sounds about right. However, each panel comes in when it is ready.

What do you mean by "when it's ready"? When the lab gets around to it? When the cultures mature (LOL)?

It just seems like an autosomal test would be far more complex and time consuming. Admittedly I don't have that kind of insight, hence why I asked the question.

Comment

Michael,

Most FTDNA tests get a 6-8 week estimate. This allows for delays due to volume, re-tests in the case of failures, etc. Also, the same machines run the Y12 test that run higher level Y-DNA tests and upgrades. So scheduling the different tests on the machines is also a factor.

For Y-DNA, when the process is running smoothly, with normal order volume, and tests come back with clear results on the first try, then customers get results much earlier than the original estimate

Elise
        Last edited by efgen; 4th June 2013, 04:06 PM.

Comment

i upgraded 2 kits

on from 67 to 111
          and one from 12 to 67

all of them Expected 7/3/2013

but i already get the 111 result since 5/30/2013

but the other one not even one marker result yet

Comment

Thanks guys. I didn't mean to sound impatient or anything. In my mind it seemed like the Y12 would take far less time to run than an autosomal. Based on all that has been shared, however, the projection makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by mebrowndfw View Post
              Thanks guys. I didn't mean to sound impatient or anything. In my mind it seemed like the Y12 would take far less time to run than an autosomal. Based on all that has been shared, however, the projection makes sense.
              My brother's 12 marker only took 10 days. Now my husband's 12 marker has been in the lab since May 15, 2013.

Comment

Thanks! Here's hoping.

Mine says the lab received it 5/30 and in progress 5/31.
                Last edited by mebrowndfw; 5th June 2013, 12:45 AM.

Comment

No need to get in a hurry....As soon as you get the Y12 results you will want to up grade to 67 anyway Ha

Comment

My Y-revise to 67 has already been ordered. LOL

Comment

My Y-revise to 67 has already been ordered. LOL
                      Funny... and shows good sense...I went through 4 steps to get to the 111 ...but for the most part the 67 is all you will need as far as the Y markers go. Have fun.

Comment

Thanks! I bought thr Y12 because of an ad I saw for the FTDNA promotion. It was after I ordered the 12 that I really started looking into the testing and what it meant. I knew immediately that the 12 wouldn't cut it for what I wanted.

My Y67 revision and FMS should go in the next batch. I have to say I'm pretty excited to start looking at the results and see where they lead.

Comment

Does it REALLY take 6 weeks for a Y12 test to process? If so, dows it take longer that that for a Y12 to 37 or Y12 to 67 refinement?

I'm still trying to get a handle on all of this. I know it took about 6 weeks for AncestryDNA to process my autosomal and start providing results. I, for some reason, thought a Y12 would be much faster.
                          My Y12 came 2 weeks after the noticed of receipt. A week later came 27. then 37. 2 weeks later 67.

My results came real fast

Comment

Originally posted by A1A View Post
                            My Y12 came 2 weeks after the noticed of receipt. A week later came 27. then 37. 2 weeks later 67.

My results came real fast

Here's hoping!

Thanks!!

Comment

Hope away-lol! It's been 5 weeks and I am still waiting for my Uncle's Y-12 results. Expected date is now July.

Here's hoping!

Thanks!!

Comment

Working...
                              X