Lab Mixup in SNP Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lab Mixup in SNP Test

I received the following message this morning, after contacting customer service to notify them that my a la carte SNP test was three weeks late:

"Because you have transferred your Geno 2.0 results into your FTDNA kit, this generates a secondary lab ID number for your sample. You now have 2 lab ID numbers (one for your FTDNA testing, and one for your Geno 2.0 testing). Our system has experienced a glitch in that it does not know which Lab ID to send the order to, so the test does not begin running. Our IT team is aware of the issue and working to correct it as quickly as possible, but it's proven to be a more complex issue than originally thought. In the meantime, I have requested that we pull your sample immediately and get it started in the lab."

So if you have done Geno 2.0 and have an unfulfilled SNP test you might want to follow up.

Jim

Originally posted by jbarry6899 View Post
    "... Our IT team is aware of the issue and working to correct it as quickly as possible, but it's proven to be a more complex issue than originally thought."
    Some forethought (i.e. design effort) by them would have avoided this situation in the first place.

Comment

There was a similar mess last year when I decided to do Y and mtDNA testing after transferring my autosomal results from 23andMe. Since the transfer didn't involve any DNA they needed to send me a kit but that never happened. Eventually I had to contact FTDNA to resolve the issue.

Comment

Jberry6899,
        I tried to follow your advice about the SNP test I have on order. (I ordered a Z-246 test because I was informed GENO 2.0 is reporting false negatives.) FTDNA is not responding to my emails.

http://forums.familytreedna.com/show...errerid=108204

Comment

Reading 1_mke's account of his mix up reminded me of our mix up:

I uploaded 23andme data to Family Finder and then ordered a Y Str kit. Instead of getting no kits, we got 2! I assumed the first failed but I don't know.

I'm waiting on my grandpa's DF41 snp test which was due 1/29. The sad thing is that since the snp was ordered, my grandpa has gone from having no diagnosed health condition to being diagnosed with terminal cancer. He's very weak and getting a blood transfusion today but I've considered that he will not live to see the results of this test. Granted, I'm the one seeking the answers but I'd really hoped to give him some answers before the end. His father was orphaned and took the surname of a family he lived with, and even misspelled it due to never learning to read or write. The info in my signature is my husband's Y lineage, btw.

Comment

Working...
          X