Change in Geno 2 Y results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change in Geno 2 Y results

When I logged onto the National Geographic Geno 2 site I noticed my R-L21 was changed to R-Z290. Apparently they have begun the process of using a newer phylum tree nomenclature. Any others notice this?

That's weird, because Thomas Krahn's draft tree shows Z290 as equivalent to L21. http://ytree.ftdna.com/index.php?nam...arent=65388520

Have there been new developments that have broken it loose and put it below L21?

Comment

Have there been new developments that have broken it loose and put it below L21?
      No developments other than their plan to update the tree. I guess it also could be a software glitch, so far it seems to be an isolated case.

Comment

Originally posted by Brunetmj View Post
        No developments other than their plan to update the tree. I guess it also could be a software glitch, so far it seems to be an isolated case.
        Dave Reynolds would know. It could be that some new test results have put Z290 below L21 and DF13. That would be nice, if true.

Comment

FWIW, one of my students just got his results, and he's been assigned R-Z253.

Comment

Originally posted by vinnie View Post
            FWIW, one of my students just got his results, and he's been assigned R-Z253.
            Cool! He should join both the R-L21 Plus Project and the R-Z253 Project.

R-Z253 is a pretty big group, it seems.

Comment

Dave Reynolds would know. It could be that some new test results have put Z290 below L21 and DF13.
              I did post a similar thread on yahoo L21 groups , so Dave is aware.
              He did not respond but others did, but I do not believe I saw a consensus.
              I posted here for more exposure mainly to see if Geno 2 testers have seen their haplogroup SNP change recently.

Comment

Originally posted by Brunetmj View Post
                I did post a similar thread on yahoo L21 groups , so Dave is aware.
                He did not respond but others did, but I do not believe I saw a consensus.
                I posted here for more exposure mainly to see if Geno 2 testers have seen their haplogroup SNP change recently.
                Ah. I don't participate at Yahoo anymore. I actually started the L21 and P312 groups there, but I came to really dislike Yahoo and its format, so I turned them over to Mike Walsh and went elsewhere. I think he has since renamed them using the three-character "R1b" shorthand prefix that he prefers.

Anyway, I don't like Yahoo, and I really don't like email lists in general, so it isn't likely I'll be going back there. I prefer forums like this one, the one at World Families, and eng.molgen.org. Facebook seems to be coming along as a good venue for genetic genealogy discussions, as well.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/159639954103947/

Comment

Anyway, I don't like Yahoo
                  I don't blame you. It looks and feels like a web site suffering from some type of mental illness. (all over the place). However it is a good site for following developments.

Comment

It appears so far that the people affected are those
                    who are in the DF13* category. That is , people who have no down stream SNP's from DF13. It must be part of National Geographics reorganization of the phylum tree.

Comment

Working...
                    X