Verification documents for Y-DNA12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Verification documents for Y-DNA12

I ordered a Y-DNA12 upgrade test for a male family member who has a 23andme RelativeFinder transfer on FTDNA. The accompanying letter with kit says documentation must be sent by email or fax to verify these results. What documents do I need to send?

Thanks.

Sounds like you may have accidentally ordered the 3rd party Y-DNA transfer test instead of a regular Y-DNA12 test. Did you place the order from the Order an Upgrade page while signed in to his account?

Elise

Comment

Originally posted by efgen View Post
      Did you place the order from the Order an Upgrade page while signed in to his account?

Elise
      Yes, I did.

Comment

OK. If you definitely ordered Y-DNA12 and not the 3rd party Y-DNA transfer, then perhaps they just included the wrong letter with your kit.

Only 3rd-party Y-DNA transfers require documentation, since they need to see proof of the previous results that are being transferred.

If you want to ensure that you placed the correct order, you may want to email or call FTDNA (Mon-Fri). Calling would be quicker, since there's currently a high volume of email.

Elise

Comment

Originally posted by efgen View Post
          OK. If you definitely ordered Y-DNA12 and not the 3rd party Y-DNA transfer, then perhaps they just included the wrong letter with your kit.

Only 3rd-party Y-DNA transfers require documentation, since they need to see proof of the previous results that are being transferred.

If you want to ensure that you placed the correct order, you may want to email or call FTDNA (Mon-Fri). Calling would be quicker, since there's currently a high volume of email.

Elise
          Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X