12marker results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MMaddi View Post
    Take a look at the FAQ page that Vinnie linked to. The chart for the backbone test clearly shows that the test includes M70, which defines haplogroup T.

So, the question is whether you were given the backbone test for free or not. If so, then they fulfilled their promise made in the SNP assurance program. However, that program does not promise to test you for free down to your most downstream SNP. That's your choice and costs you money.

If they gave you the free backbone test that showed your haplogroup is T and then you chose to spend money by ordering further SNP testing, how did they rip you off?
    you are in error,

T is M184 and not M70
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haplogr...84_%28Y-DNA%29

I understand FTDNA reason in not giving a free test, because there is only 1 project team.
    But do not automatically tell people they will get a free test because of no subclade, they get a free to place them in the correct project team.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartot View Post
      T is M184 and not M70
      That is true, but that change is relatively recent. I suspect that FTDNA's basic haplogroup test, which was designed quite some time ago, still tests M70.
      Originally posted by Bartot View Post
      I understand FTDNA reason in not giving a free test, because there is only 1 project team.
      The free test is not directly related to the existence of projects. Rather, it was originally meant to be competitive with National Geographic's old (Geno 1.0) test, which always provided some haplogroup classification. FTDNA simply agreed to do the same thing: to run a basic haplogroup test whenever the haplogroup could not be predicted with near-certainty from the first 12 markers (actually later extended to 14 markers).

Comment

Hi
        So a free backbone test is in progress. Haplotree is now showing as R-P25.

it doesn't say the test is complete yet.

Comment

Working...
        X