Any Suprizes for Geno 2 test?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Suprizes for Geno 2 test?

I thought it would be interesting to see if people recived any results from the Geno 2 test that changed their subclade.
    I was L21+ DF13+ and negative for all downstream SNP's before testing and I remain there. This was determined by my project administrator afer forwarding my raw data.
    So any changes anyone?

There have been a couple of folks in the R1b-U106 Project who had reached a previously terminal SNP (through FTDNA) but who had been found positive for some of the new SNPs on the Geno Chip.

For instance, CTS10893 lies below Z7.

Comment

There have been a couple of folks in the R1b-U106 Project
      Great! Bet they were excited..

Comment

I'm now J-Z1877, a SNP I had never heard of before. As of right now, it looks like that this SNP is below P58 and L862 (another SNP I was unfamiliar with which may officially replace L147), and is associated with YCAii 22-22, the most common motif for that palindrome in J1.

Comment

From the limitted number of samples to compare, we've found the following in the J/J2 projects(Using Isogg 2012 terminology):

1 J2a1b*(J-m67) z467-
          1 J2a1b* z467+
          1 J2a1b3(J-l210) z467+(There's a big list, but for this example, this is the only relevant one.)
          1,J2a1b1(J-m92) z467-

This seems to indicate(barring any errors) that at least some J2a1b* belong to a new subclade, which J2a1b3 branches off from, while J2a1b1 branches off further up the tree.

Comment

Working...
          X