Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ToddH
    replied
    And yes, now his 1-steps are showing. But where it said E1b1b1 before, it now says prediction is "in process."

Leave a comment:

• ToddH
    replied
    Originally posted by efgen View Post
    Is this kit in any projects? At 12 markers, 1-step matches are only shown when you and the other person are in the same project. For people who aren't in any of the projects that you are in, you will only see exact matches.

If you haven't already, please consider joining this kit to the E-M35 (E1b1b1) project:

http://www.familytreedna.com/public/e3b/

I'm one of the co-admins of the project.

Elise
    Elise, thank you so much! I just joined his kit to the project. There is no project for his surname.

Todd

Leave a comment:

• efgen
    replied
    Originally posted by ToddH View Post
    On a kit that I'm managing, which includes Y-DNA12, the 0-step matches (28 of them) came in several days ago, but the 1-step matches aren't there.
    Is this kit in any projects? At 12 markers, 1-step matches are only shown when you and the other person are in the same project. For people who aren't in any of the projects that you are in, you will only see exact matches.

His predicted haplogroup is still "N/A" in his profile but displays as E1b1b1 in his haplotree.
    If you haven't already, please consider joining this kit to the E-M35 (E1b1b1) project:

http://www.familytreedna.com/public/e3b/

I'm one of the co-admins of the project.

Elise

Leave a comment:

• ToddH
    replied
    Originally posted by MFWare View Post
    There is no expectation of an ancestral relationship with even exact matches on 12-marker Y-DNA tests. A 1-match on a 12-marker test is so remote as to be irrelevant to your ancestry. You cannot begin to consider the ancestral implications of a Y-DNA test at fewer than 37 markers.
    This doesn't answer my question. I'm trying to find out why I've gotten only partial results like this. I'm wondering if it's a glitch. I'm not asking about relevance of Y-DNA12 to ancestry. Not all haplogroups are created equal.

As I stated, we found through ysearch.org that my kit does have a known 6th cousin with the same rare surname who happens to be 1-step at Y-DNA12. My kit also has an exact match at 12 markers with a 7th cousin with the same surname (thanks to good paper trails). So actually, our work on Y-DNA is done without having to test further markers. We have confirmed a common ancestor from 17th-century Austria already for all three men, with no NPE. The 6th cousin has already done deep clade testing, so we're all set.

I guess I'll just sit tight and wait for the 1-step matches to appear, eventually.
    Last edited by ToddH; 19 December 2012, 04:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MFWare
    replied
    There is no expectation of an ancestral relationship with even exact matches on 12-marker Y-DNA tests. A 1-match on a 12-marker test is so remote as to be irrelevant to your ancestry. You cannot begin to consider the ancestral implications of a Y-DNA test at fewer than 37 markers.

Leave a comment:

• ToddH
    started a topic Partial results for Y12?

Partial results for Y12?

On a kit that I'm managing, which includes Y-DNA12, the 0-step matches (28 of them) came in several days ago, but the 1-step matches aren't there. I don't remember this two-stage release of results happening before. Is there a problem or is this "normal"? His predicted haplogroup is still "N/A" in his profile but displays as E1b1b1 in his haplotree.

We can view the ancestral origins of the 1-step matches (there are over 100 of them), but the list of names doesn't display. Maybe it will take a few more days? We know of an actual 6th cousin who is 11/12 (from ysearch.org) and are waiting for him to appear as a match.
    Last edited by ToddH; 19 December 2012, 12:51 PM.
Working...
X