X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Y-DNA - Ancestral Origins

Hi.

On Y-DNA - Ancestral Origins
    I found 1 match( Genetic Distance -1) from Germany how I can conect with him?

12 Marker
    Genetic Distance -1
    Country Match Total Country Total Percentage Comments
    Germany 1 12073 < 0.1 % Ashkenazi (1)

Originally posted by 1988 View Post
    On Y-DNA - Ancestral Origins
    I found 1 match( Genetic Distance -1) from Germany how I can conect with him?
    Unless he appears on your Y-DNA Matches page, you can't email him directly.

You could try to find him on Ysearch by entering your own results and looking for a genetic distance of 1; Ysearch offers an indirect way to send a message to someone.

The best thing to do is to upgrade to more markers. This not only yields more accuracy in determining who is or is not patrilineally related to you, it also allows you to see the names and email addresses of more distant matches. As an extreme example: If you upgrade all the way to 111 markers, you can see out to a genetic distance of 10 markers--at 111, 67, 37, or even 25 markers!

This can be especially useful for men who have extremely rare Y-DNA results. For example, a member of my project belongs to the D3a subhaplogroup, ordinarily associated with Tibet. His only match on the Y-DNA Matches page is a Mongolian name at a genetic distance of 9 on 25 markers.
    Last edited by lgmayka; 17th January 2013, 07:35 PM.

Comment

I agree about doing more testing...It has been my experience that most people that have been at this awhile will not even respond to a 12 marker request for info. I am not about to say that the 12 marker test is meaningless but I will say the 67 Marker has meaning and is something you can trust in your research. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
      X