Changes in TIP utility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes in TIP utility

Has anybody else noted that their TMRCA ( with Y DNA matches) has become more recent in time when using the TIP utility since the update compared to before the update?

Just wondering if this is a glitch or an intended change.

Yes, noticed that too. There's some issues with GD at Y111 (They're being reported with the GD of the Y67 match), and that will certainly feed into it. Also, inside of TiP the drop down for changing the reporting frequency is stuck on Y12. May be related.

Comment

Originally posted by sjadelson View Post
      Yes, noticed that too. There's some issues with GD at Y111 (They're being reported with the GD of the Y67 match), and that will certainly feed into it. Also, inside of TiP the drop down for changing the reporting frequency is stuck on Y12. May be related.
      I have noticed that at 111 level all 2 step or null values register only a GD of 1(efgen/Elise mentions in another post about how these are now looked at GD's of 1)

At 67 marker level 2 step values are registered as 2 GD. Bit confusing as some are and some are not.... will have to wait and see once they get all the bugs out. May have to do with one marker in my line(father) that has a value of 20 to surnames value(also his 1st Cousin) of 18. His brother has a value of 19, so not sure if they are looking at this marker as GD of 1 or 2. Seems it depends on the level of testing match has done on whether it is counted as 1 or 2 GD

I imagine this will also change the tip utility in a person now getting a closer match probability to matches. An intended change due to how nulls and 2 steps are now considered as 1GD

Comment

TiP reports not working 12/12: TiP should now be fixed. Please let us know if you're

Is the TiP now accurate ? My percentages are much higher than they were before the 12-12-12 update. How do we know if it's fixed and the change is good, or if it's still broken ?

Wills

Comment

Another major change in TiP today. Percentages went way up on 12-12-12, and way down today......

Comment

Mine went way up and now way down as well.

Comment

I too have noticed that the TiP utility has returned to the way it was before the December 2012 update.

I've got a spreadsheet of matches before and after the update.

For example my best match was 73.34% probability before the update. It was 98.62% after the update...now it's back to 73.34%.

My second best match after the december update was 98.93% at 24 generations. Now it's 13.79%

Comment

I would be more inclined to trust the thing if the most recent percentages matched what they were before the 12-12 upgrade.
                My best match was at about 24% before 12-12, jumped to 61% after, and is now down to 7%. Who knows.....

Wills

Comment

Working...
                X