Upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrades

I had a "12" done in 2008 for my father. I was thinking about doing an upgrade. The "12" seems to be useless.

My question is how do I know if they have enough left of the sample to test for "37"? And would it be cheaper if they did?

thank you
    Alicia

Originally posted by aliciaw61 View Post
    I had a "12" done in 2008 for my father. I was thinking about doing an upgrade. The "12" seems to be useless.

My question is how do I know if they have enough left of the sample to test for "37"? And would it be cheaper if they did?

thank you
    Alicia
    use the upgrade link on his myFTDNA page, if there is not enough DNA left to use they will send you a new kit, otherwise they will use what they have stored. The cost is the same either way.
    You are right, the "12" seems useless. if you are focusing on your paternal line, I would recommend upgrading to 67. Although 37 is a good start.

Comment

Neves, TY for your help.
      That is what I needed to know. Hopefully they dont need any I dont exactly talk to my father anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by aliciaw61 View Post
        Neves, TY for your help.
        That is what I needed to know. Hopefully they dont need any I dont exactly talk to my father anymore.
        I see. So your 12 values are different from those of your father ?

Comment

Well I am the daughter, and I want my father's paternal side.
          Not sure why I need it. I just cant get past the First immigrant to US. Also, because my Name is not a clan its harder to find in Scotland.

Comment

Working...
          X