Geno 2.0 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geno 2.0 question

Does anyone know if Geno 2.0 test for Y-DNA SNPs below (R1b/L21) DF13?

The only thing we know at this time is that Geno 2.0 will test 12,000 yDNA SNPs that were known as of November, 2011. So any SNPs below DF13 that were known as of Nov. of last year should be tested. Any SNPs below DF13 that were discovered after that date will not be on the testing chip.

Since Geno 2.0 is a totally new test, the answer to your question and many others won't be known with certainty until results come in over the next couple of months.

Comment

My Geno 2 test has been received at the lab and i currently am in stage 2 of a 4 step process. Wanted to mention they have been good about notifications via email. 1st email -received my kit , 2nd email - dna isolation underway.
      The other steps are DNA analysis and quality control.
      I am sure results will be posted pretty quickly once people get their results.
      I am positive for DF13 and negative for all downstream SNP's so I am curious
      to see SNP results

Comment

I got a message staying that my kit was revived which is a MTDNA and it is also in Isolation but I did not get an e-mail for this step and I also checked my spam folder.
        . I did sign up for everything.

Originally posted by Brunetmj View Post
        My Geno 2 test has been received at the lab and i currently am in stage 2 of a 4 step process. Wanted to mention they have been good about notifications via email. 1st email -received my kit , 2nd email - dna isolation underway.
        The other steps are DNA analysis and quality control.
        I am sure results will be posted pretty quickly once people get their results.
        I am positive for DF13 and negative for all downstream SNP's so I am curious
        to see SNP results

Comment

Well, if your like me , you may check every day anyway. My past experience with National Geographic and a 12 marker Y test, is that they are slow. In effect you are really dealing with two different companies. FTDNA and National Geographic. This means they have to communicate with each other and then support staff have to enter this information. At least this is how I imagine it works. So it tends to be slow.Will see,maybe they added more staff.

Comment

Geno 2.0

I registered right away for myself and my husband and when I went on today they did have me on step 1 received at lab. I sent my husbands samples several days later when I went on just to check they said was not registered...hummm! I registered him again with the same info and it did go through...has not been received yet. I did not receive any emails. It does say if you register they will..so we will see!

Comment

I would anticipate these kinds of kinks in there system . I mean how many people could national geographic have to enter data? This test no doubt was ordered by the hundreds. It is likely there, just not entered into the system

Comment

Yes, I am sure they are swamped! Not worried and very excited about getting the results! Eight or so weeks cannot come fast enough!

Comment

Yes I do also check everyday. My test come this Tue will be in isolation 1 week unless it gets moved to the next step. I agree with you dealing with 2 companies about communication.
                  If I don't get e-mails no big deal because I would check anyway.
                  I really should have had a male relative do the test for me but I wanted to do it.
                  I e-mailed a cousin yesterday and she revived an email that she will get a free Geno 2.0 kit she will have her uncle do it and he and I should be the same MTDNA. oh well the money goes to a good cause.
                  Cheryl

Well, if your like me , you may check every day anyway. My past experience with National Geographic and a 12 marker Y test, is that they are slow. In effect you are really dealing with two different companies. FTDNA and National Geographic. This means they have to communicate with each other and then support staff have to enter this information. At least this is how I imagine it works. So it tends to be slow.Will see,maybe they added more staff.
                  Last edited by CAM; 28 October 2012, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Wow according to their web site 524,000 plus have been sold

Comment

Wow according to their web site 524,000 plus have been sold
                      That figure is for the first phase of the Genographic Project, which only tested 12 ySTR markers and mtDNA HVR1.

Comment

Working...
                      X