X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lgmayka
    replied
    Originally posted by tbartold View Post
    i.e. will the phase 2 test tell me the things that walk the y didn't bother with, or are they still not going to test for the latest Zs? Am I really even in any of the Zs given how far I am away from any other L2 that's been tested?
    Geno 2.0 includes 3500 new Y-SNPs discovered in data from the 1000 Genomes project. We do not know whether these 3500 include all of the ones our own community (e.g., Greg Magoon) has discovered.

Have you tested Z49 yet? My cousin (of southern Polish ancestry) was L2+ L20- , but far away from everyone else at 67 markers. He turned out to be Z49+ Z142- . Geno 2.0 may test for these.
    Last edited by lgmayka; 2 September 2012, 07:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• thetick
    replied
    Originally posted by Brunetmj View Post
    I really do not know much about your subclade. However I do know the " walk thru the Y" is as deep as it gets with the exception of a full scale genome.
    I doubt the national geographic test will go as deep as the walk thru.
    You do not mention whether you are part of a project or not but, in case your not, join one. I would not know about all the new snp developments without being involved with my L21 project.
    Thomas Krahn, an FTDNA employee, has stated the Geno 2.0 test will use all SNPs which a working SNP test existed at FTDNA up to Nov 2011. All SNPs discovered later or with a later SNP test will be used on follow-on Geno tests.

Leave a comment:

• rdblair
    replied
    What snp tests have you done? Just curious.

Leave a comment:

• Brunetmj
    replied
    Are there any other tests I should bother to order to figure out if I am in some sort of R-L2 subclade
    I really do not know much about your subclade. However I do know the " walk thru the Y" is as deep as it gets with the exception of a full scale genome.
    I doubt the national geographic test will go as deep as the walk thru.
    You do not mention whether you are part of a project or not but, in case your not, join one. I would not know about all the new snp developments without being involved with my L21 project.

Leave a comment:

• tbartold
    started a topic SNP questing? How deep?

SNP questing? How deep?

I've done the deep clade, and a few extra SNP tests, and the 'walk the y' (which told me nothing new) and now I've preordered the national geographic phase two tests.

Are there any other tests I should bother to order to figure out if I am in some sort of R-L2 subclade?

i.e. will the phase 2 test tell me the things that walk the y didn't bother with, or are they still not going to test for the latest Zs? Am I really even in any of the Zs given how far I am away from any other L2 that's been tested?

Note that I am apparently not closely related to anyone else who has tested for anything, so is there any point in requesting 'known' mutations?
    Last edited by tbartold; 25 August 2012, 09:19 PM.
Working...
X