Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Hispanic Males w/R1b1a2a1a1b3c1 subclade(or similar)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Hispanic Males w/R1b1a2a1a1b3c1 subclade(or similar)?

Hello Friends,

Any male Hispanic FTDNA members with R1b1a2a1a1b3c1 subclade ?

If not, anything close(maybe missing letters on end),
    like R1b1a2a1a1b ?

Thanks!

My Cuban-born husband is R1b1a2 (R-M269).

Comment

Originally posted by ojosAzules View Post
      Hello Friends,

Any male Hispanic FTDNA members with R1b1a2a1a1b3c1 subclade ?

If not, anything close(maybe missing letters on end),
      like R1b1a2a1a1b ?

Thanks!
      You might get more responses if you use the y haplogroup shorthand, which is the letter of the major y haplogroup branch, followed by the terminal SNP. In your case, I believe that is R-L20 (P312>U152>L2>Z367>L20).

Some folks have trouble following the longer haplogroup designators, like R1b1a2a1a1b3c1.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo View Post
        You might get more responses if you use the y haplogroup shorthand, which is the letter of the major y haplogroup branch, followed by the terminal SNP. In your case, I believe that is R-L20 (P312>U152>L2>Z367>L20).

Some folks have trouble following the longer haplogroup designators, like R1b1a2a1a1b3c1.
        Also, have you checked the Iberian Peninsula DNA project?

Another thing you can try is a "Search by Haplogroup" in Ysearch. Just click on "SEARCH BY HAPLOGROUP" at the top of the page. Then choose R1b1a2a1a1b3c1 from the drop down haplogroup menu and Western Europe from the drop down "Limit search by region" menu. You can then run the same search again, but this time select the Americas from the drop down "Limit search by region" menu. That will get you any Hispanic guys who are unable to trace their y-dna lines beyond the New World.
        Last edited by Stevo; 10 August 2012, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Good suggestion

Thanks, that's a good suggestion, but was hoping to find other male Hispanic FTDNA members who are also R1b1a2a1a1b3c1 or something similar so I can hopefully then followup on geographic areas.

Comment

If you go to the FTDNA U152 DNA project and look for your group. This may have some members from your region. Steve or Richard the admins can help you more. Steve is L20.

Comment

Working...
            X