Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to find out about a new Haplogroup added (it splits my haplogroup)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to find out about a new Haplogroup added (it splits my haplogroup)

In my Loughney surname project, I noticed a new haplogroup under DF105> R-BY35727. Before this new haplogroup, everyeone was a Loughney (O'Lachtna in Irish) except for 1 Carney. All of the men match all or most of the other men with Y111. This new match is under DF105> R-BY35727 > R-FTB81706 - but I cannot find any Y111 matches to this new kit. There's no additional information with BigY matches, or anything. Any suggestions on how to find out more about this new haplogroup?

It's not unusual for additional SNP's to be discovered at the ends of the "branches" of the Y tree. Presumably, all of the men who had the BY35727 SNP still have it. Some of them may turn out to have the FTB81706 SNP as well, and that information might ultimately turn out to be genealogically useful. If FTB81706 is really new, you may have to wait awhile before the results of your group members are updated. You might want to check YFull, Big Tree, and/or other Y DNA web sites to see how others are treating this, if indeed they are aware of it yet.

Comment

Working...
    X