WHY THE DELAY ON BIG-Y 700

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHY THE DELAY ON BIG-Y 700

MY Dad's Big-Y 700 was Batched 4/5/21 #1183, WHY do they KEEP PUSHING it BACK?????? :>[

One typical reason is that the quality of the sample is insufficient to complete the test. It may not have passed quality control. How old was the sample? Big Y-700 can require a fresh sample. Try contacting Customer Support and specifically ask whether you need to send in a new sample.

But right now, FTDNA shows that the Big Y-700 is taking 12 to 14 weeks to complete. This is longer than the usual 6 to 10 weeks (shown on the same page) for that test. Your test has been in process for 9 weeks, so it may still take another 3 to 5 weeks to complete.

Comment

I have been waiting on a y37 in batch 1172 for over 3 months.

Comment

Unfortunately sometimes test results take longer than we'd like. I ordered my original Y-37 test back in late March (Or was it early April?) of 2006 and got the results on May 19th, which was pretty good. My Big Y-700 took a couple of months, which, again, wasn't too bad.

One of the things I was hoping for as an advance in DNA testing technology was much faster turnaround times. I was thinking that a couple of weeks would become standard. Sadly, that hasn't happened.

Comment

I was Batched 4/5/21, meaning the NEW DNA came in on 4/4/21. They have pushed it back twice.

Comment

Originally posted by htb View Post
            I was Batched 4/5/21, meaning the NEW DNA came in on 4/4/21. They have pushed it back twice.
            These days that's not all that unusual. Wish I had a better answer, but eventually the results will come, and they will be worth the wait.

You've been waiting right around two months. Two or three months is very normal these days for the Big Y-700.

Comment

Well THANKS for your HELP!!!

Comment

I interpret this to mean that you sent in a new sample. If you followed the DNA Test Kit Instructions given by FTDNA, then things should go well.

Also, just because your batch date was April 5th does not mean that your package arrived at FTDNA on April 4th. It used to be that FTDNA assigned batches on one day a week, but I believe that was changed a few years ago to two or more days per week. U.S. Post Office tracking for packages sent to FTDNA have historically been not always accurate, but if the tracking showed delivery on the 4th, and your sample was indeed batched on the 5th, that is pretty good. In any case, it was very likely batched within a couple of days of arrival at FTDNA, so close enough.

You may want to view the archived FTDNA Webinar from 2015, "The Ideal Life of a Family Tree DNA Kit," which explains the process from the time of order until the time results are delivered. The section for arrival at FTDNA and onwards starts at about 18:00 into the 54 minute video. Different test types have different processing paths and timing.

Comment

Well THANKS for your HELP!!!
                  Think I misunderstood what you were talking about. Pardon me.

Comment

OK, My DAD's BIG-Y 700 came in late yesterday afternoon . Now there's 5 of us with the same SNP, and 4 of us Should have the next SNP and the other, we think, has the BROTHER SNP. NOW before anybody ask how do I known this, THE, Administrator, of R-U106 Project is a distant Cousin of my. I AM A MOORE. My Group should go from A12144 to BY106458, and "OUR BROTHER", should go from A12144 to A12141. We have ALL been stock on A12144 for a very long time. So Maybe soon. I also notice on the Haplogroup-&-SNP tree, there are still YELLOW SNP. "presumed positive" I still have 4, my cousin has 5 and my DAD (coming in Yesterday) has 8. WILL they get these fixed now??? --- I'm still have problems with my DSD's FF, and they worked on it twice. OH WELL, now I waite my DAD's mtDNA.

Comment

Working...
                    X