X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to understand my SNP and it’s origin

I have tested as R1B-A7713 which is downstream of:

R1BA7711>By2634>by651>l193.

When I map A7713 it appears as being Northern Irish, which his true. My paternal line is a planter line that came here from Scotland.

However, I am not understanding why there is only one snp between the migration and now? A7713 is supposed to cover 500 years. Is that accurate?

I’m confused.

Your results indicate that A7713 is the most recent SNP for which you have tested positive, that has been placed in the Y haplotree. You may well have other SNP's that have not yet been researched sufficiently to place them in the haplotree. As more men are tested (Big Y, presumably) and their results analyzed, more branches will be added to the haplotree, and you may find that your "terminal SNP" reported by FTDNA changes to reflect new knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by John McCoy View Post
      Your results indicate that A7713 is the most recent SNP for which you have tested positive, that has been placed in the Y haplotree. You may well have other SNP's that have not yet been researched sufficiently to place them in the haplotree. As more men are tested (Big Y, presumably) and their results analyzed, more branches will be added to the haplotree, and you may find that your "terminal SNP" reported by FTDNA changes to reflect new knowledge.
      Thank you.

Comment

Working...
      X