Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New snp

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New snp

    Just got confirmation of new snp downstream of R-BY17958; that being R-FGC65842. My great nephew, Edward also has this. My paternal birth father(1902-1978) was Edward's paternal great-grandfather. I was born 1958 & Edward was born in the mid 1980s. We already knew the approximate age of R-BY17958 was between 1538-1672, so this snp mutated between 1693-1902. There are 5 equivalent snps showing w/R-FGC65842, so that will probably sort out eventually.

    Best regards, Doug

  • #2
    In order to clarify things more; the Big Y 700 results confirmed 6 new snps. R-FGC65842 & five new snps: FT52232, FT53643, FT53647, FT54076, FT54822. I know that these snps mutated between 1693-1902, which is a 209 year period, divided by six rounds up to 35 yrs per snp mutation. Between 1693-1902 there were 8 generations, so there were two generations with no mutation but six with a mutation.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by DWFlineage View Post
      In order to clarify things more; the Big Y 700 results confirmed 6 new snps. R-FGC65842 & five new snps: FT52232, FT53643, FT53647, FT54076, FT54822. I know that these snps mutated between 1693-1902, which is a 209 year period, divided by six rounds up to 35 yrs per snp mutation. Between 1693-1902 there were 8 generations, so there were two generations with no mutation but six with a mutation.
      My great nephew whose paternal great-grandfather was my birth father also tested positive for these 6 new snps, so in order to figure out what order these are in, we need a paternal 3rd or 4th cousin to test, in due time.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by DWFlineage View Post

        My great nephew whose paternal great-grandfather was my birth father also tested positive for these 6 new snps, so in order to figure out what order these are in, we need a paternal 3rd or 4th cousin to test, in due time.
        My paternal 4th cousin agreed to test R-FGC65842 & FT52232, FT53643, FT53647, FT54076, FT54822 at yseq, so these results will come in soon, so we will know the order better. Our most recent common ancestor was our paternal 3rd great-grandfather, who lived 1775-1836, which is in the middle of the 1693-1902 time period. There were 8 generations that took place between 1693-1902, birth dates were, 1693, 1720, 1750, 1775, 1813, 1844, 1867, 1902. Most likely my 4th cousin will test + & - for these new snps that my great nephew & myself share. My birth father was born 1902.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by DWFlineage View Post

          My paternal 4th cousin agreed to test R-FGC65842 & FT52232, FT53643, FT53647, FT54076, FT54822 at yseq, so these results will come in soon, so we will know the order better. Our most recent common ancestor was our paternal 3rd great-grandfather, who lived 1775-1836, which is in the middle of the 1693-1902 time period. There were 8 generations that took place between 1693-1902, birth dates were, 1693, 1720, 1750, 1775, 1813, 1844, 1867, 1902. Most likely my 4th cousin will test + & - for these new snps that my great nephew & myself share. My birth father was born 1902.
          So far some good news, my 4th cousin Joseph Wells has tested positive for FT53647, negative for FGC65842, negative for FT54822, and other "FT" snps are still processing at yseq. I was hoping for at least one positive result, so we have that. This means that FGC65842 is more recent; specifically 1813-1902; because my great nephew(Edward) & myself tested positive for this snp in the Big Y 700 testing, and my 4th cousin tested negative at yseq. Joseph's paternal line split with a son of Zachariah Wells, 1775-1836; that being Thomas K. Wells, 1820-1864, and my paternal line & my great nephew's paternal line split with another son of Zachariah's; that being Andrew A. Wells, 1813-1865.

          At this point we know that FGC65842 mutated between 1813-1902, corresponding to the 1813 birth of my 2nd great-grandfather, 1844 birth of my great-grandfather, 1867 birth of my grandfather, 1902 birth of my birth father.

          We now know that FT53647 mutated between 1693-1775; because Joseph, myself & Edward are positive for this. The upstream snp BY17958 mutated between 1538-1672, and we know this; because my 8th cousin tested positive for this snp, and we tested negative for BY39564. The paternal split occurred with different sons of Henry Wells, 1672-1714.

          Comment


          • #6
            We now know that FT53647 mutated between 1693-1775; because Joseph, myself & Edward are positive for this. The upstream snp BY17958 mutated between 1538-1672, and we know this; because my 8th cousin tested positive for this snp, and we tested negative for BY39564. The paternal split occurred with different sons of Henry Wells, 1672-1714.

            My 4th cousin, Joseph R. Wells, Jr just tested positive for BY17958, which I expected, so FT53647 branched from this snp. There are still two snps processing.

            Comment


            • #7
              Final results worked out better than I even expected; Joseph(Paternal 4th cousin) tested + & - evenly, so three positive results & three negative results. I expected he would test positive for BY17958, and he did; also positive for FT53643 & FT53647, so these two snps mutated between 1693-1775(4 generations), and FGC65842, FT54076, FT54822 mutated between 1813-1902(4 generations).

              Best regards, Douglas W. Fisher(Wells)
              Kit#122883

              Comment


              • #8
                FYI: I thought it would be a good idea for my paternal 8th cousin, Richard to test FT53643 & FT53647, just to confirm timeframe for mutation, and Richard did test positive, so now I know these snps mutated after BY17958 and before BY39564(Richard's terminal snp). Myself & my great-nephew also tested positive for FGC65842, FT54076, FT54822, and Richard & my paternal 4th cousin, Joseph Wells tested negative, so I know these snps mutated between 1813-1902.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Since I know that myself & my great nephew tested positive for FGC65842, FT54076, FT54822, and my 4th cousin, Joseph Wells tested negative, I have asked my 3rd cousin 1x removed , John Wells, to test all of these snps, and I am hoping he will test positive for one of three snps, FGC65842, FT54076 or FT54822, then we will know the mutation occurred with my 2nd great-grandfather, Andrew A. Wells, 1813-1865, who is John's 3rd great-grandfather.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by DWFlineage View Post
                    Since I know that myself & my great nephew tested positive for FGC65842, FT54076, FT54822, and my 4th cousin, Joseph Wells tested negative, I have asked my 3rd cousin 1x removed , John Wells, to test all of these snps, and I am hoping he will test positive for one of three snps, FGC65842, FT54076 or FT54822, then we will know the mutation occurred with my 2nd great-grandfather, Andrew A. Wells, 1813-1865, who is John's 3rd great-grandfather.

                    John Wells, 3rd cousin 1x removed received his yseq results; and he tested positive for BY17958, FT53643, FT53647, negative for FGC65842, but the good news is that he tested positive for FT54076, which means this snp mutated with Andrew A. Wells, 1813-1865; because Joseph R. Wells also tested positive for BY17958, FT53643, FT53647, but negative for FT54076, and Joseph shares common ancestor Zachariah Wells, 1775-1836 with us, but his paternal line split with a different son of Zachariah; that being Thomas K. Wells, 1820-1864.

                    I updated info at the "Descendants of John Wells, 1492" project.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      My 13th cousin, David Wells yseq results came in for BY17958, FT53643, FT53647. As expected he tested negative for BY17958, however David did test positive for FT53643 but negative for FT53647, so we know that our common ancestor, John Wells, b. 1492 did carry FT53643. My paternal line continues with FT53647 then BY17958.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        John Wells, 3rd cousin 1x removed received his final yseq results:

                        YSEQ DNA Shop
                        ------------------------------------------------------
                        Order Number: 52875
                        Detailed Invoice: https://www.yseq.net/account_history...order_id=52875
                        Date Ordered: Thursday 27 February, 2020

                        The comments for your order are

                        Results (YSEQ ID 23532) have been completed:
                        https://www.yseq.net/alleles.php

                        Quick results summary:
                        BY17958 A+
                        FT53643 C+
                        FGC65842 T-
                        FT54076 C+
                        FT53647 C+
                        FT54822 A-



                        Your order has been updated to the following status.

                        New status: Delivered


                        Since John did test + for FT54076, in which Myself & great nephew, Edward are also + for; this means that our common ancestor, Andrew A. Wells, 1813-1865 carried this, and since he tested - for FT54822 & FGC65842, we know these two snps mutated during three generations, great-grandfather, 1844-1920, grandfather, 1867-1948, father, 1902-1978.

                        These snps are markers in my paternal line, really interesting stuff.

                        Best regards, Doug

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          You've done a lot of work, finding and testing those male relatives. Your methodical testing has yielded fruitful results. Congratulations!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by KATM View Post
                            You've done a lot of work, finding and testing those male relatives. Your methodical testing has yielded fruitful results. Congratulations!
                            Thank you. I helped my great nephew Edward to order the Big Y700 test; glad I did. My 3rd cousin 1x removed, 4th cousin & 13th cousin agreed to do the snp testing at yseq, only affordable option; yielded great results.

                            Best regards, Doug

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X