Big Y-700 Results

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Y-700 Results

Has anyone received their Big Y-700 results yet?

I know of several people who have, however keep in mind this is a rather large test that tests quite a large portion of the Y-chromosome and sample qualities can influence how well testing goes and some people may be provided new kits for new samples. Also these tests are not necessarily batched in as chronological an order as you may think.

When did you order your Big Y700?

Comment

I ordered the test on 12/26/18. It was an upgrade from Y-111 test and I had the R1b-SNP Pack completed the year before. I just wasn't sure how long it was supposed to take.

Comment

Does it mean that delays are due to failed attempts? If yes how many attempts will they perform before warning you about a failure?

Comment

Yes I received my Big Y700 results on May 3, 2019. I was very surprised as I only ordered it at the end of March 2019 and the expected results was supposed to be in June 2019. Thus, I was pleasantly surprised by this quick turnaround. I was not expecting matches, just wanted to find my terminal SNP. My results were.O-CTS11525.

Comment

Originally posted by Ejpeters View Post
            Has anyone received their Big Y-700 results yet?
            Yes, I received my results 7/11/2019. My terminal snp is showing the same as it was before, but this will change when my second closest Big Y match gets his results. My great-nephew whose paternal great-grandfather was my birth father shares the same terminal snp BY17958 with me now, but our Big Y 700 results show 11 private variants downstream of BY17958. When the other results come in there will be negative results, so then new snp(s) will be named. My great nephew is sharing one known variant with me, so that will probably end up being a new snp.

Comment

Working...
            X