Big Y-700 Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Y-700 Results

Has anyone received their Big Y-700 results yet?

I know of several people who have, however keep in mind this is a rather large test that tests quite a large portion of the Y-chromosome and sample qualities can influence how well testing goes and some people may be provided new kits for new samples. Also these tests are not necessarily batched in as chronological an order as you may think.

When did you order your Big Y700?

Comment

I ordered the test on 12/26/18. It was an upgrade from Y-111 test and I had the R1b-SNP Pack completed the year before. I just wasn't sure how long it was supposed to take.

Comment

Does it mean that delays are due to failed attempts? If yes how many attempts will they perform before warning you about a failure?

Comment

Yes I received my Big Y700 results on May 3, 2019. I was very surprised as I only ordered it at the end of March 2019 and the expected results was supposed to be in June 2019. Thus, I was pleasantly surprised by this quick turnaround. I was not expecting matches, just wanted to find my terminal SNP. My results were.O-CTS11525.

Comment

Originally posted by Ejpeters View Post
            Has anyone received their Big Y-700 results yet?
            Yes, I received my results 7/11/2019. My terminal snp is showing the same as it was before, but this will change when my second closest Big Y match gets his results. My great-nephew whose paternal great-grandfather was my birth father shares the same terminal snp BY17958 with me now, but our Big Y 700 results show 11 private variants downstream of BY17958. When the other results come in there will be negative results, so then new snp(s) will be named. My great nephew is sharing one known variant with me, so that will probably end up being a new snp.

Comment

Originally posted by Tirosen View Post
              Yes I received my Big Y700 results on May 3, 2019. I was very surprised as I only ordered it at the end of March 2019 and the expected results was supposed to be in June 2019. Thus, I was pleasantly surprised by this quick turnaround. I was not expecting matches, just wanted to find my terminal SNP. My results were.O-CTS11525.
              Lucky you, I ordered mine on the 31st of March as an upgrade from Y-111, I was told it was batched on the 1st of April and has been delayed ever since with no end in sight.

Comment

Originally posted by solarius View Post

Lucky you, I ordered mine on the 31st of March as an upgrade from Y-111, I was told it was batched on the 1st of April and has been delayed ever since with no end in sight.
                There is an end in sight. September 7. Did you all not get the July 31st e-mail? They got almost 6,000 orders during that small time frame when they offered the Y700 at a discount to those who already had a Y500. This was not an "average" situation.
                "
                The dates in the Awaiting Results section are based on when your test was batched. This time starts counting down as soon as your test is batched. Once we reach week 8, if your results have not posted, the date gets pushed out by two weeks. If they aren’t posted within the next two weeks, they get pushed out another two weeks and so forth. These dates are meant to be estimates for the average test, not guarantees of delivery for every customer.

If you are waiting on Big Y-700 results, the below chart is a better guide for when you may expect to receive your results. The below dates are estimates, not guarantees, but we are confident in these delivery times.

Comment

22 August, Received the STRs for my BIG Y700 test, batch 952. Still waiting for the SNPs. Have 4 Big Y700 STR Differences + GD 1 from Y-DNA 111 with my 3rd cousin. Is this more Differences than I should have expected?
                  Last edited by fmoakes; 25th August 2019, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Hello.

Today I got my first Big Y 700 match.

I’ve had Y500 for a few years (also have it at Y Full) and no matches notified, so I presume getting a Y700 match means that the newer (deeper?) SNPs of Y700 found the person.

How can I determine a likely Time Before Present. The closest previous Y match I’ve ever had (via YFull) was still about 2000 years out, so I’d like to see where this one has landed on the time line.

The “owner” is a Palmer and I’ve had lots of Palmer names popped up over the years in Family Finder and at Y67,etc.) but nothing really close. As my paternal Great Grandfather Richard Clarke b c1831 was NPE, and this Palmer can track back to an adoption into the Palmer family in the late 1800s, it seems like we are now both looking for a true paternal link. But I’d still like to know how far out is this match on my timeline.

Thank you.

Colin Clarke

(PS, I actually only took Y700 as an upgrade from 500 to add to the total pool, and look what happened.!)

Comment

Mine took 4 months

Comment

Working...
                      X