Subgroups and Testing SNPs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subgroups and Testing SNPs

I took a Y-67 DNA test. Came back R-M269 which seems really boring to me. Interested in digging deeper so I have something more interesting to discover. I'm on some DNA Project pages and some of these R-M269 kits have subgroups and a "Please test SNPs or take Big Y for better resolution." My current subgroup is N/A. Should I purchase some SNP packs and dig deeper and if so, how do you find which one to order?

Originally posted by cjm View Post
    My current subgroup is N/A. Should I purchase some SNP packs and dig deeper and if so, how do you find which one to order?
    I did two SNP Packs to save money and ended up taking Big Y anyway.

Comment

Some admins on Projects will be more explicit if you query them directly. Worth a try.

Comment

Originally posted by clintonslayton76 View Post
        Some admins on Projects will be more explicit if you query them directly. Worth a try.
        Correct. Based upon some of your STR marker values and the haplogroups of your matches one can get placed farther down the haplogroup under R-M269. This in turn can provide you guidance as to which potential tests would address your interests, research needs, and budget. Join the R1b gateway project and see where your STR marker are shown to lie on the haplogroup tree.

If your family line does fall within the current domain of ytree.net you can see what additional analysis results can come off of full y-chromosome sequencing results.

Comment

Working...
        X