Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Y/FGC Tested

Hi All,

Has anyone tested for Big Y and FGC and have no SNP or STR matches? I have a Scottish Borders surname and have zero matches on any level. Seems that my forefather had joined the clan via adoption or NPE.
    Last edited by Bushky; 11 May 2018, 11:15 PM.

Any of your STRs having a zero (0) value ?

Anything unusual with the first 12 STR markers ?

Mr. W.

Comment

Do you have any mtDNA Plus (HVR1 & HVR2) matches?

Comment

First, 12 STRs

Hi, 13 24 14 12 11 14 12 12 12 14 13 30. I’ll check for any zero values. I’ll check for any HV R1/R2 matches, as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushky View Post
          Hi, 13 24 14 12 11 14 12 12 12 14 13 30. I’ll check for any zero values. I’ll check for any HV R1/R2 matches, as well.
          What is your haplogroup?

If it is any help I have a Scottish surname as well and I only recently gained a new match to someone with a similar surname who I have no paper connection to. Their surname is missing the Mac/Mc prefix, and their family is from Northern Ireland.

I originally tested in 2008, so it took 10 years for a new match like this...

Comment

Hi, 13 24 14 12 11-14 12 12 12 14 13 30. I’ll check for any zero values. I’ll check for any HV R1/R2 matches, as well.
            Thank you for the STRs.

Yes, based on the first 12 STRs alone, it appears you have your very own subclade. Either it has very few members or very few had tested.

But let's try the followingYou have no Exact Matches. Do you have any matches at GENETIC DISTANCE -1 there? Is yes, where do they come from? Poland perhaps? That was not a wild guess, but a guess based on YFull.

This is obvious to you, just helping other readers
            R-M269 -> R-L23 -> R-L51 -> R-L151 -> R-P312 -> R-U152 -> R-L2 -> R-S14469 -> R-FGC8158

You have no Big Y matches at R-FGC8158 level, but FTDNA shows 3 levels above. Do you have any at levels R-U152, R-L2, R-S14469?

Mr. W.

Comment

I’m FGC8158* with no matches via SNP or STR. Surname is Elliot. First tested in 2006. No matches at any subclade levels. I wonder why?
              Last edited by Bushky; 12 May 2018, 05:17 PM.

Comment

I’m FGC8158* with no matches via SNP or STR. Surname is Elliot. First tested in 2006. No matches at any subclade levels. I wonder why?
                You reside on a haplogroup branch that is a) under tested, and/or b) is numerically rare in the overall population. As we get more test results in we are finding more of these "old" rare haplogroup branches. Patience is the key word for individuals in this situation as you are waiting on a new test result which will bring new structure your very thin/old haplogroup twig. The best you can do it get some of your STR matches to refine their haplogroups and hope that one will be relevant to your twig.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                  X