No announcement yet.

Big Y500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't understand the business logic behind this (effective) price hike, unless perhaps they were heavily subsidising BY before and have decided they can't continue. After years of selling BY kits by, in part, being cheaper than their rivals they have now gone into reverse and made themselves more expensive. For a first time tester it no longer makes any sense to pick BY especially when you can get Y Elite matching and messaging at yfull.

Obviously if you are already on the legacy STR trail YMMV as they say.

I thought late last year all the talk was about how they were going to remove the prerequisite to have an STR test, to make it more accessible. This surely was not the way to go about it.

Comment

How much does the Big Y500 cost if you already tested at Y37, Y67, and Y111?

Comment

It depends. Right now (until June 18th) there is a sale for upgrading to Big Y500.

As an admin, I usually go to a member's UPGRADE item and see what it says, because I have not yet had any queries from anyone who wants to start their Y quest with such an expensive test.

Comment

I am curious because I have already have taken the Big Y test, but I would like to sponsor a Big Y550 test.

Comment

Originally posted by clintonslayton76 View Post
            ... because I have not yet had any queries from anyone who wants to start their Y quest with such an expensive test.
            Which is a shame, because (correct me if I'm wrong) it's much more cost efficient to order BigY500 from scratch than it is to first order (say) Y67 and then upgrade.

Comment

Working...
            X